Author Topic: Million dollar pitch  (Read 6037 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Million dollar pitch
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2010, 01:18:28 PM »
Anyone interested in a really good interview, hit TPB and download the stern show from 5-6-10

"Howard welcomed Wade McGilberry and his wife, Katy, to the studio and reported that Wade had recently won a million dollars in the MLB 2K10 Perfect Game Competition. Katy said Wade wasn't much of a videogamer before he'd heard of the contest, but had nailed the prize on the first day of competition: "I wouldn't say he's a very strong videogamer...but when he does play, he figures things out very quickly."

Wade told Howard he knew he had a chance at the prize when he'd successfully pitched 7 perfect innings: "I was sweatin’ big time...I just gave a big 'woo' at the end and that was it." Wade told the crew he and Katy planned to tithe 10% of his winnings to their church--an idea Howard thought was almost as crazy as their relatively chaste courtship. On their way out, Katy marveled at her husband's feat: "They said they didn't know that it could be done." "
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2010, 01:23:10 PM »
Here are all the rules: http://www.2ksports.com/perfectgame
Ah, so the game was setup just for that challenge.  So they (2K) probably could set the difficultly rating however they wanted.

Honestly, it sounds like they didn't do a lot of internal play testing if it was done that quickly and they weren't sure it was even doable.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2010, 01:24:40 PM »
As I said, I had a perfect game going into the 10th inning and that was on Pro mode.  I've had perfect games going into the 8th inning on rookie a handful of times.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2010, 01:25:27 PM »
Here are all the rules: http://www.2ksports.com/perfectgame
Ah, so the game was setup just for that challenge.  So they (2K) probably could set the difficultly rating however they wanted.

Honestly, it sounds like they didn't do a lot of internal play testing if it was done that quickly and they weren't sure it was even doable.

The best part was the contest was alotted for two months, so it took that long before the guy even heard back. He had no idea he was the first.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?