Author Topic: Earbuds  (Read 2456 times)

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Earbuds
« on: October 21, 2012, 10:56:10 AM »
So I'm tough on earbuds....I carry them with me pretty much at all times and well...yea...

I used to use some $15-30 Sony's that I loved.  They quit making them though, and I decided I needed something with more sound isolation to protect my ears on the subway (unfortunately, not kidding).

I got some Logitech 600vi - they have been fantastic - Got them in April .  The cable on them just broke for the second time.  Logitech replaced them the first time (took 3 weeks), and I'll try again with customer support, but - yea, I'm not happy....

...So I'm thinking about buying again...I want something with sound isolation, in-line controls/mic and either tough or replaceable cables - thus I'm thinking about the Shure SE215's, the fully replaceable cable really intrigues me.  Don't know if I have the money right now - but I'm shopping....

Anyone have experience with them?  Or suggestions for others?
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Earbuds
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 12:56:24 PM »
I have like 6 pairs of Blackberry headphones and two pairs of iphone. They work great lol
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 01:09:58 PM »
Ettymotic.  Shure.  Upper end sets.

This may help a bit.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/category/ear-monitor-headphone-reviews

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 02:16:39 PM »
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 03:00:51 PM »
Replaceable wire trumps tough wire any day. You spend $80 for the kevlar cables, but if they break you spend the $80 again. Spend the $150 now. Kevlar is not as tough as people think that it is. The reality is that kevlar only becomes truly strong when there is a good amount of it working together. They would need to make a very thick cable in order for it to be effective otherwise it is just a keyword selling point. Take kevlar gloves as an example, many of them are thin and yea they are great but they rip, tear, and form holes only slightly beyond the life of a typical glove. In fact I have a pair of expensive tactical boots that have Kevlar in them, as well as kevlar in the shoe laces and the one lace broke after maybe a month and the other boot has a hole in it from catching a nail.

My point is a headphone cable made of kevlar should be regarded no stronger then any other cable because a good tug, a pinch in a door, etc will all do it in or set it up to fail.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 03:18:36 PM »
Fair enough.  Thanks - the replaceable one will cost $40 a pop to replace unfortunately so...Those'll probably be what I get though...

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 03:24:09 PM »
I have some cheapo phillips headphones that I use at the gym and while driving and I fucking love them. I got them at marshalls for like $5.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 03:53:08 PM »
my ears are too doofy for the wrap arounds like that, always hurts them