Author Topic: phones at costco  (Read 2424 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
phones at costco
« on: October 29, 2012, 09:50:04 AM »
my wife lost her BB on vacation, so yesterday we got a new phone for her. She is with tmobile. Went to a tmobile store, and the s3 was $280 AFTER a $50 mail in rebate WITH a 2 year contract. Kind of pricey. All costcos have a little booth where they cell devices for different carriers - decided to check it out. Holy shit, same phone, $180! and no mail in rebated PLUS you get "free" accessories from costco too: screen protectors, phone charger, two cases. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Re: phones at costco
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 09:56:08 AM »
You gonna return hers and swap out?
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 09:57:32 AM »
Phones are rarely a good deal directly from the carrier, unless you argue with retention's. In the case of TMO they are extremely eager to please customers and you could have called retention's (elevated CS3 they call it) and got them to beat that price and throw in $30-$50 in free accessories.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 10:17:23 AM »
You gonna return hers and swap out?

we never got the phone at tmobile, and when we saw the price at costco got it there :)
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 01:55:30 PM »
Yeah... we've seen better deals at Costco on phones as well as DirecTV. DirecTV has a thing where they give the person who refers you $100 off their bill, but we saved more than $100 by going through Costco instead (and we got to keep the money :D).

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 10:56:12 PM »
Wirefly is usually pretty good I think. I think our next phones will be ordered through them.
This signature intentionally left blank.