Author Topic: iPad 4  (Read 2088 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
iPad 4
« on: January 08, 2013, 11:37:45 AM »
Good lord it's purty.  We broke down and got one right at the end of 2012.  I really needed one to start reviewing one of my client's websites on it since he mainly uses a tablet.  My wife's laptop has also seen better days so I wanted to have something she could use to reduce the wear and tear on the laptop.

She loves it.  Didn't think she'd find many uses for it but I think she uses it almost more than the laptop now.  And the screen is SO crisp and clear.  When we first got it I was playing with it for probably an hour or more and then I went and sat down in front of my computer and was like 'my screen is fuzzy!'.  It's amazing how crisp the image is on that thing.

It's also really snappy and the kids love it.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Re: iPad 4
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 12:04:34 PM »
Nice! I love my 2...though I use it a lot less now that I'm doing less dissertation reading and now that I have my ultrabook....I can't wait till something like the Surface becomes workable...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 02:26:00 PM »
I assume you're talking about the retina display iPads? My niece and nephew both got one for xmas. I was playing with them and really liked them. Then I picked up my parents non-retina after they left and holy crap is it ever a big difference, especially for reading text.

I think i'd go with a Nexus 10 if I got a tablet, I'm already into the android world and it's even higher res than the retina.

I played with a surface at the mall, it's actually pretty nice and the keyboard cover is pretty cool.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 05:26:45 PM »
I think I will need to get a [good] tablet this year too - mostly for work. But I think I might want a windows based one....we rely so much on MS software at work it would probably be hard to port it to apple or droid.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 08:33:40 PM »
So a quick update.  We've had it for almost 2 months now and we use the absolute shit out of it.  I'm pretty sure someone is using it 70% of the day around here.  My wife has all of her email and calendars on it, plus she uses it to do basic web browsing, shopping, and research into stuff.  I even got her Entertainment Weekly subscription on it, which is pretty damn cool because all the songs and movie reviews have embedded video/audio.  It has pretty much replaced her laptop for general usage.  The kids play games on it a lot and use Netflix on it a fair amount.  I use it to play games and test my websites and stuff.  It's so beautiful and easy to use and the battery life is freaking incredible no matter how hard we use it.

Granted, from a work perspective, I can see how it would be hard to use some of that software and truly be productive, but I bet you could find a way with some of it.  Hell, even Office is doing online only going forward so theoretically you could do all your work via the web on it.

Anyways, just wanted to post a quick secondary review.