Author Topic: iPad mini  (Read 2064 times)

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
iPad mini
« on: March 23, 2013, 11:05:42 AM »
So I had about $200 in gift certificates and I decided to pick up a tablet. I didn't want to spend a whole lot on top of the gift cards so my choices were limited. I ended up going with an iPad mini even though I like android a lot better than iOS. After a few days of using it though I have to say that I really love this thing. It's the perfect size and even though I don't like the iOS desktop, the iOS apps I've been using are all really well designed and nice to use. I found the nexus 7 to be a little too small for reading, the mini is one inch bigger, still small enough for one hand but larger screen area for reading. The other deciding factor was that my family has iPads and my inlays all have iPhones so we can FaceTime. That's really convenient since using Skype means opening an app and logging in which is a lot for my parents and niece/nephew.

Pros:
  Perfect size
  FaceTime
  Price

Cons:
  iOS is miles behind android
  No multi user support
  A higher res screen would be nice, but I wouldn't pay a lot more for it.

Overall I really like the device, :thumbsup:

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: iPad mini
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 01:20:13 PM »
Yeah... Facetime and iMessage are the #1 reason that if I got a tablet or smart phone I'd end up on iOS. #2 is all the apps I've already paid for on iOS.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 11:17:44 AM »
Virtual Table Tennis 3 is free for a limited time, pick it up, great game!

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 01:44:53 PM »
I just picked one up to use with my SmartThings (smartthings.com) and dev testing. I also have the Nexus 7 and I must say I like Android and the Nexus more. I do like the mini better than the larger iPad though which is currently being used by the gf. Overall I'd be happy with either device but iOS is really starting to feel dated to me. If you're an apple fan then I'd say totally get one but Android is better IMO.
This signature intentionally left blank.