Author Topic: Coronavirus COVID-19  (Read 66469 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19
« Reply #495 on: January 16, 2022, 01:05:19 PM »
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #496 on: January 16, 2022, 01:43:16 PM »
I made it 1 min in and couldn't keep watching. So I don't know what it actually tries to mock.
This signature intentionally left blank.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #497 on: January 20, 2022, 06:39:06 PM »
It finally got us :(

We were notified that M was exposed by another baby who was in class the entire week last Thursday. We didn't attempt to try to isolate anyone since the baby was the exposure point. She promptly started a runny nose and small cough the next day and has had the same and been generally more clingy and screamy since then. My husband and I started to have a sore throat and cough Saturday. I also had a LOT of chills for a couple days and lost my sense of taste Monday. C has had absolutely no symptoms besides one day's worth of a runny nose but ended up testing positive on Monday when they went for their PCRs.

I have absolutely no regrets being vaccinated/boosted because I really think I would still be the worst of it now if I hadn't. This was miserable and I have no idea when taste is going to return.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #498 on: January 20, 2022, 08:49:09 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Jen. I hope everyone gets healthy fast!

It was at least a month for my wife and I to get our senses back fully. Very weird experience.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #499 on: January 20, 2022, 09:19:18 PM »
From our family "superspreader" event three different households ended up with positive tests. 5/6 kids (including patient 0) and 3 of 7 adults who were at the get-together tested positive or had obvious symptoms. Plus another adult who didn't attend but lives in the house with one of the families got it later.

I found it interesting that the only adults that got it were the father of patient 0 and three people who appeared to contract it from one of the children they lived with later.

Up to now in my household only my youngest tested positive. My oldest and I tested negative and never had any real symptoms so we went to the volleyball tournament. My wife tested negative by PCR and rapid test multiple times so she went back to teaching. So we got pretty lucky, possibly because when we first found out we all kind of isolated and wore KN95s around each other since we didn't know who might have been infected at that time.

This was miserable and I have no idea when taste is going to return.

:( Being sick sucks but it does sounds like your family got through it ok overall. Hopefully your taste comes back quick.

I heard one estimate that up to 40% of the U.S. will catch it this winter because of Omicron.  :eek:

« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 03:05:51 PM by charlie »

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #500 on: January 20, 2022, 11:40:58 PM »
A ton of people I know have gotten it recently so I think the 40% number is spot on.  I took a risk and went to a conference for work last week.  Somehow none of us that went got it.  It was a reduced number of tickets sold and people were generally spread out but it obviously could have turned into something big especially since a lot of people stayed at the conference for multiple days (I live close by so I came home each night).

Jen, I hope your family recovers quickly.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #501 on: January 21, 2022, 09:58:31 AM »
That sucks Jen. I hope you feel better and get your taste back quick. One person I know took them 6mo. Eek. Most seem to be about a month.

So far I've come out OK of this. I got both shots and the booster, but I'm pretty sure my secret weapon is the barrel proof bourbon I drink, and secondarily the extreme hot sauces. Ain't nothing surviving in those conditions.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #502 on: January 21, 2022, 12:12:19 PM »
Ha - one of the guys I work with that was not vaccinated had both him and his wife taking shots of bourbon when they got it.  But then again he also took the horse tranquilizer - which I find hilarious considering I think one of his arguments for not taking the vaccine was regarding 'what was in it'. 

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 09:09:56 PM by Jake »

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #504 on: February 03, 2022, 08:20:23 PM »
Oh sure, now you listen to cdc.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #505 on: February 05, 2022, 10:44:10 AM »
Oh sure, now you listen to cdc.
:lol:

A couple weeks ago my 9-year-old woke up and her stomach didn't feel well so I let her stay home from school. She felt better later in the day but we went and got her tested because I figured the school might ask since she missed a day (they didn't.)  The next day I sent her to school but right before pickup I got the text saying her results were positive. She was asymptomatic for the entirety of the required 5-day quarantine.  Her sister had to stay home from school as well because of their 'close contact.'  The following week, Harper went back to school. In order to send her zero-symptom sister back she needed to get tested. So I took her on a weekend to get tested but come Monday the results weren't ready.  I gave her a home rapid test and it was negative and I sent her to school. 2-Days later her results came back positive  :rolleyes:  Zero symptoms for either of them.  The rest of us in the house have all taken several rapid tests and all of them negative.  Go figure.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #506 on: February 05, 2022, 04:36:00 PM »
Speaking of school... we just got 2 letters from the school about the number of hours my daughter has missed.  I am tempted to just throw them in the trash.  A lot of them are missed for ortho appointments (just a few hours) or other doctor's appointments but some of them she either wasn't feeling well (tested negative) or she got a letter saying she was in close contact and we kept her home if she felt any remote symptoms.  I assume the schools/state are going to be lenient with it this year.  I mean they tell us to keep them home if there are any symptoms so what are we supposed to do?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #507 on: February 06, 2022, 01:47:06 AM »
Great news!
https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/592457-the-cdc-is-finally-recognizing-natural-immunity-legislators-should-follow

about fucking time!

So have you guys even heard about this study other than from my post? I googled to see what mass media is saying about it, and it is hard to find anything from the likes of nbc, CNN,NY times, etc. Wonder why that is? Or maybe it's just "my" search results  ;)

I found one article fromm CNN. Notice how different it is from the one from the hill

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/19/health/covid-vaccine-infection-protection-cdc-study/index.html

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #508 on: February 06, 2022, 01:49:46 AM »
I challenge you guys to listen to the controversial JRE episode with Dr. Malone - I am very curious to see your take on what is discussed there.  In turn, I would gladly listen to a long format video with an opposing view point you would suggest.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3SCsueX2bZdbEzRtKOCEyT?si=Vu1TVqMHTEifPZ7Xb2YXIQ&utm_source=copy-link

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #509 on: February 06, 2022, 02:22:40 AM »
Why are we still not actively treating early covid infection with these inexpensive drugs? Why are we ostricizing people that do and why are we taking away licenses from doctors who use these treatments? Why are we making it difficult to get these drugs? Why haven't we been. Doing this all along? How many people could have been saved if these early treatments were used from the beginning?

https://journals.lww.com/americantherapeutics/fulltext/2021/08000/ivermectin_for_prevention_and_treatment_of.7.aspx