Author Topic: Voting access  (Read 2301 times)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Voting access
« on: September 14, 2021, 09:38:39 AM »
As one or two of you probably heard California doing a recall election for the governor. Without getting into the merits itself I've just got to say on freaking easy it was to vote.  The voting guide came in the mail, the pamphlet with all the choices came in the mail, then our ballots came in the mail.  We then filled out the ballot and could have returned it by mail for free.  We ended up taking it to the grocery store down the road and put it in the ballot drop box.  No lines, no taking a bunch of time off of work, and plenty of time to fill out the ballot.  This is the way it should be!

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
Re: Voting access
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 09:56:48 AM »
Thank you for exercising your right to vote! :)
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 10:44:05 AM »
Glad to hear it.  I know there is a recall but no idea why.  I haven't been following the news on it.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 10:59:08 AM »
Glad to hear it.  I know there is a recall but no idea why.  I haven't been following the news on it.

You and me both ;). I see the headlines and it is so much of the dumb reporting that happens around elections that I haven't wanted to read any of it.

That said, one position I'll state is that we should NEVER elect a talk-radio person.  I don't care what their politics are.  Just don't do it!