Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 7996 times)

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
Re: Facebook
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2021, 10:29:56 PM »
Verizon is pretty great tho... I had them for like 20 years.  I would stay with them too if I was in the US, but it certainly isn't the cheapest thing going.
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2021, 11:52:08 PM »
It's not the cheapest.  But I've shopped around and it's not like it's significantly more than the others and there's lots of little perks if you pay attention.  For the extra money we pay, we probably make it up in other free services or 'device dollars' or other rewards.  AT&T is shit... had them for a few years.  And TMobile... never really had experience with them.

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2021, 07:43:55 AM »
My experience with Tmobile was horrible.  :(
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2021, 08:59:56 AM »
For AT&T was the technical service shit or was their customer service shit?  I had them for a loooooong time before moving to Google Fi and never had a problem with their technical services but hated dealing with the company.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2021, 02:55:33 PM »
I had a phone with AT&T through my work before so I don't think I ever dealt with their customer service.  My issue was that calls would drop all the time and there were dead spots everywhere.  Maybe it's improved but I never had issues with Verizon like that.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2021, 07:16:24 PM »
Oh, also the notification screen for emails and chats is far better on my android than on iPhone.  For one thing, if I open the app and mark it as unread the notification goes away on android whereas iPhone keeps it up until I clear the notification itself.
I figured out the exact scenario that Android is doing better than Apple.

A notification comes up on my phone for an email, I then go to my email on the computer and read the email.  On Android the notification would disappear shortly after.  On Apple it doesn't go away until I open mail on the phone itself.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2021, 12:39:46 AM »
hmm... just tested it myself on my iPhone.  I had a gmail email.. I deleted it on my desktop and the notification immediately disappeared.  Maybe it depends on the mail app, but for the gmail app specifically it works exactly as you describe.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2021, 09:39:12 AM »
Weird, because I'm using the Gmail app and they are definitely staying up until I open the app on the iPhone.

edit: Right after posting this I went in via web and marked an email as read and over an hour later the notification is still up on the phone.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 10:43:50 AM by Mike »

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2021, 05:41:10 PM »
If this board ever goes through a slump where nobody's posting please someone just start a thread discussing Android and Apple phones.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2021, 06:02:38 PM »
Um, this is a Facebook thread. It's right there in the title.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2021, 06:27:43 PM »
Lol... a post about Fruit...

"You know an Apple is a piece of fruit?"
"Did you just say Apple?......."

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2021, 11:16:34 PM »
Speaking of Apple did you know that python is an awesome language?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2021, 12:56:23 AM »
Weird, because I'm using the Gmail app and they are definitely staying up until I open the app on the iPhone.

edit: Right after posting this I went in via web and marked an email as read and over an hour later the notification is still up on the phone.
Weird... it worked perfectly for me.

LOL - nice one hand.

Python sucks.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2021, 10:18:40 AM »
Hey, anyone out there still using vim? Emacs is soooo much better, you should give it a try.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2021, 10:38:41 AM »
When I'm in a linux console I just use vi but I'm rarely doing much besides editing config files.