Author Topic: PHPMyAdmin  (Read 3324 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
PHPMyAdmin
« on: November 26, 2013, 03:03:50 PM »
So I have a Joomla site and there is a form for users to submit data.  That all appears to work fine.  In early October, something happened to the table and now I can't see any records that were submitted past that point.  They don't show up in phpmyadmin no matter how I write the query.  They also don't show up in the page I have on the site to display them.

HOWEVER, they do show up in the list of records displayed by the form module I'm using and they also show up using a separate module in Joomla that queries the same table.

So the records are all there and they appear in some tools but not in others.  I've been pulling my hair out for about 3 hours now on this and I'm not getting anywhere. 

Does anyone have any ideas on why this would happen?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: PHPMyAdmin
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 05:26:09 PM »
Tertiary waste-gate offset?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 05:30:37 PM »
Absolutely........ you wanker!

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 09:42:25 PM »
No, but seriously... anyone have a clue on this?  Viewing via phpmyadmin, the table only has 73 records.  Using 2 other PHP mods in Joomla, they both return roughly 140 records (what should actually be there).  Yet on my own PHP page, it only returns the 73 that phpmyadmin finds.

I even looked at the schema tables and those table say there aren't 140 rows in the table but there clearly are.  This is the most bizarre thing I've ever run into.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 10:09:13 AM »
I have zero joomla experience.  Do you know what happened to the site in early october?  Is there any chance the database got copied (perhaps by a third party, like the hosting co) and only some configuration credentials were updated? 
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 10:40:21 AM »
Interesting theory.  I moved that site to it's own account on my server around that time.  So I copied the entire database over.  Let's say that were the case.... what should I do?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 10:47:11 AM »
OMG I'm a fucking moron.  I was logging into the old DB on my account, not the reseller account. FML.  THANK YOU MICAH!!!!!

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 11:28:19 AM »
Glad I could help  :thumbsup:
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 12:59:56 PM »
LOL  When I start getting tips, you will too ;)