Author Topic: I finally know what Real Beer tastes like.  (Read 4931 times)

-KEN-

• Some Other Mofo
  • Jackass In Charge
I finally know what Real Beer tastes like.
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2005, 06:42:26 PM »
Well the bar in question is in Boca, which I guess is quite technically a college town (PBCC, Lynn University, and FAU are all within the city limits), but underage drinking here works the same as pretty much everywhere. Gas stations and places of those nature don't really care, and will generally just charge you more if you don't have an ID. Most bars/clubs with a bouncer won't let you in, but if you do get in with an under-21 band or something, the bartenders won't generally notice if you go to the bathroom and rip it off.

This bar is really cool. Since everyone who works there (only 2, maybe three people tops, and only one or two at a time) is British, they really don't give a flying fuck how old you are.

Gainesville (where UF is, where I go to school) is easier to drink in, if only because there are so many more bars and clubs to choose from (not to mention parties), and most of them will let you in at 18 with a brightly colored wristband, and then serve you if you rip it off.

ygfperson

• Founders
    • Last.fm
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2005, 11:09:04 PM »
In my freshmen year when I went to frat parties they marked hands with an X for people who didn't show an id and were assumed underage. There's hardly any enforcement though, since it's assumed your hands are only checked if there's an imminent danger that a cop or a frat brother elected to patrol parties is around. (I can't remember the proper title for that guy, but usually they do a token check of people they know are overage and ignore everything else)

I haven't been to a bar so I can't say about that, but I know at least one underage drinking establishment sells beers for wildy inflated prices (elda's).

My sophomore year I went to a lot of house parties where they don't do any kind of age checking and pot is smoked out in the open by the residents because they're cool that way. Once a cop car came to a party but they were responding to a noise complaint, and didn't search the house for all the underage drunk people hiding in rooms. They are much more vigilant around frat parties but I haven't been at a party they've busted.

-KEN-

• Some Other Mofo
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2005, 11:17:55 PM »
Your school sounds like hell. Frat parties with age-checking? No real bar scene? And it sounds like you've been to a house party or two where they check IDs?

I sure hope you're getting a good education...

;)

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2005, 11:53:39 PM »
That's because there are no girls at his school.

ygfperson

• Founders
    • Last.fm
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2005, 12:49:04 AM »
Quote from: -KEN-
Your school sounds like hell. Frat parties with age-checking? No real bar scene? And it sounds like you've been to a house party or two where they check IDs?

I sure hope you're getting a good education...

;)

none of the house parties i've been to check id's... the cops stopped by that one time to let the renters know about the noise complaint. but i'll be 21 in 3 months anyway so it won't matter. I guess i make it sound harsher than it is.

That's because there are no girls at his school.

that's not quite true but close enough. it means there's a whole lot less sex and relationships and more studying and drinking and videogame playing.

A Bit of Fruit

• loves threads ALL ABOUT HIM!!
  • Jackass V
  • Frontier Psychiatrist
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2005, 01:22:21 AM »
Im 18 in less than a month!! Woo! Straight to the pub with me!
i have a stationary fetish

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2005, 03:25:27 AM »
NewCastle has to be one of my mostest favoritest.
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2005, 07:36:44 AM »
We'll get you out of Utah and I'll buy you one, ethic :)

-KEN-

• Some Other Mofo
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2005, 12:33:37 PM »
Quote from: betazep
NewCastle has to be one of my mostest favoritest.

Yeah, I really liked it.

>>I've never had a beer.

TRUE/FALSE: I hear that when mormons drink beer they explode from having demons invade their bodies.

drakkenkorin

• http://www.google.com
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2005, 04:10:22 PM »
true and false.  they explode only after they have revealed the secrets of going to temple.
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2005, 11:26:09 PM »
What secrets?

(waits anxiously to hear some explosions)
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

[stealth]

• the original
  • Jackass V
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2005, 01:52:26 AM »
>> Stella sucks. <<

Fuck off.

Best Aussie Beer: Coopers Pale.

Bassy

• Red Panda
  • Jackass IV
    • My website
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2005, 10:51:29 AM »
Old Speckled Hen
Old Thumper
At Uni we always used to do one real ale in the student bar (the others were boring things like Best etc) so always used to have a pint at lunchtime instead of eating (its like its own little food group)... I used to organise teh Uni annual beer festival each year - ie. a day full of moving casks about, letting them settle another couple of days then having to put up with hordes of drunken students who were trying out all sorts of new beers/ales with all sorts of very strange names - ahhh those were the fun days - you used to have to roll most students out of the room at the end.
People in bamboo houses shouldn't throw pandas

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2005, 11:14:48 AM »
Quote from: '[stealthy
']>> Stella sucks. <<

Fuck off.

After I tried it, I could only assume it was called "wife beater" because it tastes so bad you just feel like punching things.

ahluka

• Jackass IV
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2005, 11:18:59 AM »
I like Fosters. John Smiths 'extra smooth' is rank.
Anyone drink Strongbow?