Author Topic: New Guitar :)  (Read 4633 times)

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
New Guitar :)
« on: September 24, 2018, 09:03:20 AM »
I've been working for a while on a "project" to sell a bunch of old guitars that have spent years sitting in cases, and replace them with a couple that I like and play regularly. So far I've sold three guitars, and for one also received some simple recording gear as part of a trade. Still have an electric (Ibanez) and one nylon classical to sell.

The plan is to have one nice acoustic, one nice electric, and maybe a few "others" like a nylon classical and a ukulele or two :)

For the acoustic, I'll keep my Taylor 310ce. It's cracked and pretty worn but I love that guitar more than anything. Sounds great and plays amazing.
For the electric, I just bought a used Fender American Standard Telecaster, natural wood grain colour. I found it used for an amazing price and the thing looks practically brand new. Spent some time last night playing with it and it feels sooooo good. It's a 2012 model which has a rib cut in the back (instead of the traditional boxy cut) which is way more comfortable when sitting. Can't wait to get home and find some more time to play, I feel like a kid again :)

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
Re: New Guitar :)
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 11:34:26 AM »
Sold my Ibanez over the weekend. Need to fix up my old amp to sell then buy a new amp.

Some interesting observations from this experience:
 - I've had crazy good experiences buying and selling on Kijiji (like craigslist). All reasonable people, good deals on both buying and selling. Haven't had any no-shows or scams etc... I'm actually surprised at how well it's all worked out so far.
 - Buying new stuff with money you got from selling the old stuff is really rewarding. I get new toys, but no guilt for the money spent. I'm actually up $400 at the moment. I'm still looking to move a few things and acquire a few more but I won't put any money in outside of what I get from selling. It's a bit of a game, I can see how buy/sell could be addicting.