Author Topic: Women drivers  (Read 2754 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Women drivers
« on: August 20, 2008, 08:27:41 PM »
Shouldn't be driving big trucks if they can't handle them.

At least she left a note on my windshield but it's going to be spendy for here.

They're big pics from my new Canon S5
http://aaronhanson.net/audidamage/AudiDamage%20013.jpg
http://aaronhanson.net/audidamage/AudiDamage%20006.jpg

It happened in my work parking lot. The funny thing is that I part away from everyone else so it's not like I'm easy to hit, on purpose (and because I can use the extra walking).
This signature intentionally left blank.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Women drivers
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 08:32:43 PM »
looks like she backed into it with a tow ball/hitch
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 08:59:14 PM »
Note: I know it's not just women drivers who are terrible, it's pretty much everybody on the road. It's just convenient since in this case is was a lady.

And yeah, I called her and now she's going to be out of town but she backed into my car with her truck. :shakes head:. In all likelyhood while talking on her cell phone. I think I know the lady. She works in the office next to ours. Guess I'm going to have to start parking closer to the BMW  WAAAY over on the other side of the parking lot. Then the car will probably just get a tree on it or something.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 09:00:13 PM »
Shouldn't be driving big trucks if they can't handle them.

At least she left a note on my windshield but it's going to be spendy for here.

They're big pics from my new Canon S5
http://aaronhanson.net/audidamage/AudiDamage%20013.jpg
http://aaronhanson.net/audidamage/AudiDamage%20006.jpg

It happened in my work parking lot. The funny thing is that I part away from everyone else so it's not like I'm easy to hit, on purpose (and because I can use the extra walking).
Sure you are, by seperating yourself from everyone it is much easier to zero in on you.

At least it isn't that bad

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 09:14:15 PM »
I'll bet it's close to $2k. New front bumper, hood repair and paint (at least) and a new hood grill. I've got metallic paint too so the thing that sucks is it's not going to match great when I decide to get rid of the car in another year. I am considering looking at getting a body kit though, so something good may come of this. I just hate dealing with this sort of stuff, I'm just not that sort of person.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 10:15:44 PM »
3K minimum

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 11:33:42 PM »
body kit? dont do it.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 11:01:13 AM »
what kind of audi do you have?

i'm gonna be looking at new cars soon, so i'm trying to decide what i like enough to test drive.
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 12:22:13 PM »
It's an '02 A4 1.8T quattro. The new Audi's look pretty cool if they don't mess with the body for the US version. The A5/S5 is a really hot car too for a coupe. Other than all the random electrical issues I've had, the car has been really cool to drive. It's great in the snow here in MN (even though we really only have a handful of bad days) and it's very comfortable to sit in and enjoyable on longer drives.

My list of potential next cars:
Mitsubishi Lancer (maybe Evo)
BMW 3 series
Maybe another Audi A4/A5
Honda Civic/Acura

I'd really love another AWD or RWD car but the pickings are slim.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 12:36:01 PM »
evo's are fun but you would see more fun out of a WRX STI as opposed to the evo

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 12:45:14 PM »
I'll bet it's close to $2k. New front bumper, hood repair and paint (at least) and a new hood grill. I've got metallic paint too so the thing that sucks is it's not going to match great when I decide to get rid of the car in another year. I am considering looking at getting a body kit though, so something good may come of this. I just hate dealing with this sort of stuff, I'm just not that sort of person.
Or you can realize it isn't that bad and let it be.  Gives your car some character ;)

BTW did the chick leave her insurance info in that note?  Or was it just "Oh so sorry"?

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 01:05:56 PM »
She left her insurance info, her people are coming out to look at the car in the next few hours.

Gives your car some character

I don't like character, I want to be boring like everyone else and not have a messed up front end. How are hot womens supposed to think I'm made of money if I'm driving a messed up car? (although I'd probably have to be driving a newer/nicer car for that :)) Hell it bothers me

If I did it to myself, I'd consider leaving it or having my brother mess with it (he hurts his cars frequently).  Maybe find some gray duct tape. ;) That always looks classy.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 01:08:56 PM »
evo's are fun but you would see more fun out of a WRX STI as opposed to the evo

I thought about the WRX, but since they don't have a sunroof I was disappointed and after seeing the Evo vs STI, I prefer the styling of the Lancer/Evo. I'm still fighting being a cheap-ass though so it'd likely be the nicer Lancer vs Evo. For the Evo price, I'd probably go for the BMW.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 01:17:23 PM »
She left her insurance info, her people are coming out to look at the car in the next few hours.
Then no worries :P

(although I'd probably have to be driving a newer/nicer car for that :))
And have hair ;)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 01:19:06 PM »
Ah I guess I didn't scroll over enough on that first pic to see the bumper damage.  All I saw was the hood dent.  Yeah the hole in the bumper is a must fix.