Author Topic: Covid-19 mental health check-in  (Read 20389 times)

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Covid-19 mental health check-in
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2020, 12:13:15 PM »
I am definitely getting less sleep because Casey is getting less sleep. It's pretty terrible.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2020, 04:14:36 PM »
gorgeous pic Jake.  I'm glad you and your family are able to hold up in the woods during all of this. Honestly, I'm a bit envious. I wish my GF, kids, and I had that option.  I've been jokingly hinting in other threads that we should re-vist our summer meet-up idea at your cabin...but it really would be great.  So many of us have been trapped in this suburban hellscape of self-quarantined weirdness - where, on the one hand, with all the cars and people out and about it looks normal at first glance, until, on the other hand, you realize that most stores are closed and the people who ARE out, are wearing masks and gloves and anxious about every person who gets too close. ..  I would love to escape to the middle of no where for a couple days and just hang out with a few close friends and forget the world. 
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2020, 04:42:21 PM »
My clan is turning into night owls... My wife and I tend to be more productive later so we go to bed later. Recently as late as 1 or 2am. Meanwhile the kids don't give a shit and stay up all night binge watching shows. We're lucky if the younger one goes to sleep before 11:30 and the older one apparently stays up until 3am in her room.

Which honestly I wouldn't care about any of that if it wasn't for the fact that I still have meetings that start as early as 7am. I prefer 7.5-8 hours of sleep and lately it's closer to 5.5-6. This is not ideal. So if you're asking about sleep, it's not great. Everything else is fine in comparison.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2020, 11:54:14 AM »
Yeah we've been more lax with our kids as well.  They're up until at least 10 or 10:30 most nights and I think they are both up until probably closer to midnight in their rooms.  We had been going to bed before midnight but for whatever reason it's been closer to 1 the past few nights.  Mostly bad storms in the area.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2020, 04:35:07 PM »
So, almost a month later, how is everyone doing?

The temperature is getting pretty warm here which makes working in the sunroom a lot harder.  Luckily it is suppose to go back down but doesn't bode well if I have to continue this to the summer.

We are nearing the release date of the rewrite we've been working on.  So anxiety is high for that but is getting better.

Our neighbor's tree broke a major branch, is slowly tearing, and is threatening our fence.  And of course we can't get an arborist out here for the estimate for a couple of weeks.  But, that gave me an excuse to buy a chainsaw!  Got the Ryobi 40V that uses the same batteries as our trimmer and blower.  Lots of fun.

No news about how the state's potential move to stage 2 will affect things.  I'm gonna guess we are going to keep on with the current process for awhile.

And I need a haircut.  At least to trim up around the ears and cut the bangs.  I'm able/needing to do the emo hair flip and I don't like it.

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2020, 09:48:29 PM »
I think i mentioned before, I'm finding it very hard to be productive working full-time at home.  Between the kids and easy of being easily distracted when i'm already a notorious procrastinator... it's not great.

Speaking of the kids - they are sucking at doing their school work.  This past week we started "online" assignments which require a lot more time-dedication than the paper 'distance learning packets' we had before - which were mostly busy work.  My kids want to do exactly ZERO work.  My ex has gotten my youngest to at least do the basic assignments (not on each day their due of course, but she's mostly caught up). My oldest has been staying up all night and sleeping all day and refuses to do any school work.

On top of that, we're all just a bit stir-crazy. I generally get out of the house at least once a day - usually to drive to a convient store, grocery store, or the fast food drive thru for the kids.  But in general, i'm done with this.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2020, 08:32:00 AM »
Doing fine.  No evidence of overwhelming our area medical facilities.  Both of us still working. PA is starting to open certain areas.  Hope we can continue.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2020, 06:41:25 PM »
Doing ok here.  Pretty much assuming I will be WFH for at least another 2 months.  My company already said the earliest we would go back is June 1 based on the current stay at home order in Ohio and they also said that they wanted to let other companies go back first and learn from them.  Most of my teams have all said that if they have to go back in shifts or wear masks all day they'd rather work from home anyways.  And some people can't go back until daycare opens again.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2020, 09:37:36 AM »
My work is similar. Even after the office is allowed to open, anyone that goes will have to wear a mask. My company is sending 2 masks to every employee world wide (100,000 people). Anyone in the office has to be 6 feet apart, and you should only go if it's essential to your work or you are unable to work productively from home.

I suspect I'll be working from home all summer.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2020, 11:27:59 AM »
we've had soooo much going on that I hardly have time to think about what is going on locally and in the world. Between the cabin being sold and everything related with that, remote schooling, work being as busy as ever and other things, there is not much room for anything else. But busy is good. This month will be challenging. We decided to keep our vacation date for the first full week of June - we're going to Florida. Can't wait.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2020, 12:42:02 PM »
We decided to keep our vacation date for the first full week of June - we're going to Florida. Can't wait.

Are you flying?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2020, 01:01:30 PM »
We decided to keep our vacation date for the first full week of June - we're going to Florida. Can't wait.

Are you flying?

nope, driving. Pan Handle - town is called seaside.

We are renting a house and we're going with my best friend's family...there was a significant down payment which we committed before the covid outbreak. They are giving us an option to reschedule for next year, but they will not give us our money back. After weighing it all out, we think risk is not any higher than staying in Chicago. All we'll be doing is lounging on the beach anyway.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2020, 01:05:58 PM »
Brenda and I were going to celebrate our 1 years anniversary at the end of the month by renting a cottage near the beach in Rhode Island... paid a deposit and everything back in February... but RI won't be reopening before then.  So, I think the rental owner would prefer we just take a weekend later in the summer... but I kinda just want the money back.  We'll see how that plays out.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2020, 01:36:30 PM »

Florida is definitely an area I would be avoiding at this time.  There is crazy, Florida Crazy, COVID Crazy, and then Florida COVID Crazy.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2020, 01:59:22 PM »

Florida is definitely an area I would be avoiding at this time.  There is crazy, Florida Crazy, COVID Crazy, and then Florida COVID Crazy.

Yeah, I know - the county we're going to seems to be doing OK so far. I mean listen, it wont be any worse than our risks of living in Chicago.