Author Topic: Quake 4 - I had to get it  (Read 3472 times)

ahluka

• Jackass IV
Quake 4 - I had to get it
« on: October 24, 2005, 03:28:34 PM »
I gave my FX5200 a workout with this game. Seriously, I have to put it in an 800x600 window to make it anything like playable, but it's fucking worth it. Can't wait till I upgrade; hopefully sometime soon / after xmas.

So the game? Good. I've only genuinely shit myself twice, once when a Strogg infantry pounced from a corner just as I thought it was ok to turn off my flashlight (I'll never turn it off again). The other time was near the start of the game when I walked into this room lined with pipes and a Strogg warriror punched through from the left and raped one of my marine buddies... There was a pretty cool bit where I walked towards a marine and a Strogg.. thing with a spike for an arm burst through the door and skewered him (the marine) into the air - kinda like the Ninja for MGS1, but with more attitude.

Gameplay is better than I thought it would be; classic Quake only this time in little teams, well, most of the time. Lots of guns and Strogg.

I've only died once: pounded with rockets from left and right - dead center in an ambush :(

I've not read much about the storyline, but I kinda get the feeling from the synopsis on the box that I get Stroggotised at some point during the game. W00t.

Anyone else got it / gonna get it / couldn't give a toss what I think ;) ?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 03:42:29 PM »
A few guys I work with have it.  They like it but said it's very Doomish.  I'll probably get it, but I'll wait til the price comes down or I can pick it up used from a game store.

EDIT: you really could have appended this to the other thread: http://forums.entropysink.com/showthread.php?t=1267

pianorain

• Anti-Poster
  • Jackass III
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 03:59:51 PM »
Quote from: ober
EDIT: you really could have appended this to the other thread: http://forums.entropysink.com/showthread.php?t=1267
Now ober...that just wouldn't be like the ahluka that we all know and love.
[post=3832]axon[/post]: I hate it when people copy my originality :p

ahluka

• Jackass IV
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 02:57:54 AM »
Heh, sorry I forgot about that thread.

ahluka

• Jackass IV
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 03:05:44 PM »
Talking of which (I'm assuming you're talking about broadband limit?) does anyone know how bandwidth intensive online games are? Like Q4 or CS?