Author Topic: ACK WHAT TO DO?!?!?  (Read 2538 times)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
ACK WHAT TO DO?!?!?
« on: July 25, 2007, 09:03:38 PM »
Thank you for playing Vanguard: Saga of Heroes.

Our records reflect you have cancelled your account.  We are hard at work addressing the community's feedback and requests and in the meantime thought you may enjoy another one of Sony Online Entertainment's flagship MMOs.

SOE would like to offer you a FREE digital copy of EverQuest II, including the first three expansions and the first three adventure packs (up to a $60 value in total) and an opportunity to enjoy this established and very fun MMO on us!  To take advantage of this special offer, log into your Station Account now and play for free until 11:59PM PT September 15th, 2007
and then a bunch of instructions and legal stuff.

Just got a postcard with that in the mail today.  I left Vanguard a few months after launch due to all of its problems.  I hadn't been that interested in EQ2 but if all it costs is the time to DL, install, and update it I'm now kinda interested.  Ahhh what to do what to do...

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
Re: ACK WHAT TO DO?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 12:13:05 PM »
Yeah, Vanguard pissed me off on how buggy it was, too bad too since it had a lot of potential.  I've moved on to Lord of the Rings Online and I'm enjoying that.

Does that offer include free monthly subscription charge as well?  If so I'd say go for it.  I played EQII quite awhile ago and found it pretty stale, but that might have changed since they've added the expansions.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 12:36:38 PM »
The offer is for free play until Sep 15th.  After that I'd have to pay.

I have to say that this is a great marketing move on SoE's part.  They have long since recovered the development costs so giving the software away is not an issue for them.  And it looks good as a company when they go "We're sorry that Vanguard was such a bust for you, here is something else you might enjoy while we fix shit up"

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 03:03:05 PM »
Don't forget payment you'd have to make with your soul?
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 03:06:22 PM »
Pfft I sold that off long ago

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 08:46:36 PM »
i liked the original EQ, but not as much as i liked Ultima Online. I say check it out, why not man
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?