Author Topic: Gun thread  (Read 6128 times)

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Gun thread
« on: January 26, 2011, 02:34:59 PM »
The Glock...

I have used the following brands of handguns Glock, Sig, and H&K (semi).  I have also spent time with Taurus, Colt and Smith &  Wesson (revolver).  It has been a few years but the Sig and H&K stood out for their ilk and I think it was a Titanium Taurus that I liked for CCW size. 
Opinions on any of the above.  I am sure by now they have all switched up their lines and their offerings are vastly different than the late 90's.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 03:12:00 PM by Jake »

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Gun thread
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 03:18:57 PM »
I don't like Taurus very much because their low end stuff is really, really cheaply made. I do own a Taurus .357 magnum revolver though which I got at an awesome price. It is an OK gun - but I don't think I would mind getting rid of it at this point.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Dumah

• Jackass IV
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 03:30:22 PM »
Wish we could have handguns in this country :(

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 03:32:54 PM »
SIG makes awesome firearms. I never owned one, but did have an opportunity to shoot some of the SIG rifles...they are really excellent.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 03:48:37 PM »
Glock, Sig, HK

^^ can't go wrong with any of those. All have pro's and con's and comes down to the best fit for you, but regardless they will all fire no matter what you do to them.

Personally i choose Glock above all else.

Edit: I'll delve more into this tonight, i got too much work to do before class, i shouldn't even be on here.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 03:53:04 PM »
I've shot a glock, beretta, and a generic range gun (all 9mm). I was slightly more accurate with the beretta (I think because of the soft trigger) but I liked the glock better. It has a really stiff trigger so it's probably harder to accidentally shoot an innocent bystander in the case that someone goes on a homicidal rampage and you pull your gun to be a hero*

*sorry, couldn't resist.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 04:09:41 PM »
It should be noted that i HATE the stock trigger weight of the Glock. It comes as a 5.5# pull, and mine has been changed to the 3.5# connector.

Dammit i swear this time i'm not coming back lol
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Dumah

• Jackass IV
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 04:27:07 PM »
I have a browning 525 double-barreled shotgun - pretty much the only firearm you can get here without too much bother (still need license, police check, home visit...etc)

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 09:47:11 PM »
thats it, i'm polishing my slide and barrel and having some slide engraving done.....

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 09:57:10 PM »
OMG....yes, im doing this.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 03:36:10 PM »
there we go....:)

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 09:34:09 AM »
Bought a new rifle :D

Mosin Nagant 91/30 (Izhevsk, hex reciever). Fires 7.62x54R rounds. Needs a bit of work for it's age but its complete, solid, and safe to fire. Scooped it from a guy just cleaning house for $50

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 03:15:48 PM »
I had that gun in Call of Duty 1

It's a fun gun :) Can't wait to fire it

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2016, 12:44:29 PM »
officially on my wish list, to compliment my full-size m&p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UlWRxG2PgI

some day.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2016, 10:09:36 PM »
yah, that's a nice CC gun. I need to get my CC Permit finally.