Technical & Scientific > Software

DuckDuckGo

(1/2) > >>

hans:
So I got a bit upset with Google today for yet again prompting me with a captcha to finish a stupid search. I got one a bit ago at a place I was consulting with and now it happened to me again at work today. So for the moment I'm going to try switching over to using DuckDuckGo as my default search engine. Maybe Google can get their act together and figure out how to handle stuff from inside a company network.

ober:
Wow I've never gotten that. Are you on a weird network?

hans:
I don't know why I've been getting it all of the sudden. Best I can reason is probably because I'm inside a tech company and we search for strange things that aren't celebrities and such so the system thinks we're robots.

I've read it's been out and others have had problems for a bit but maybe they changed and algorithm or something lately that's a bit too aggressive. Or I've got something on my laptop (or somebody else on the network) that's doing too much chatter to Google. I'm pretty sure it's not just me though since in the last company network it happened in pretty much everyone that day started getting the notice, and a few had it before I got it.

KnuckleBuckett:
Nor have I.  Never even heard of it.

Perspective:
I've heard of this happening to some people at the university. If you issue too many searches in a short period of time they try to validate that you're not a bot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version