Author Topic: IE Background image problem  (Read 6376 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: IE Background image problem
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2008, 09:06:04 AM »
Why
The
Fuck

would I want to hassle with user accounts at home.

No WAY!

Exactly.  That means I have to manage backups and everything from 2 accounts.  All she does is surf the web and mess around with pictures and video of Sophie.  I don't see the point in separate accounts.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2008, 10:19:04 AM »
Please, in XP all the user accounts share the same root directory.  So the difference in backing up is just changing to a directly level higher.

While it might not be needed if all they are doing is messing around on the internet it is worth while if they are doing any things like email (non web-based) and/or creating documents.

I've never found window user accounts to be a hassle.  It isn't like you have to deal with a butt load of user permission settings.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2008, 11:49:51 AM »
Yep. and the best way to backup is images and in that case it doesnt matter.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2008, 01:27:47 PM »
We tried user accounts, but people were too lazy to switch to their own so they ended up using mine. This annoys me, but oh well.

My wife has her own computer now and the visiting family tends to use hers (and I tend to use my work laptop) so its not so much of a problem.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2008, 03:03:09 PM »
they wont use urs if u pw it lol
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?