Author Topic: Payment Processing (not paypal)  (Read 3106 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Payment Processing (not paypal)
« on: October 22, 2008, 12:01:49 PM »
Is there another service like paypal where i dont have to pay anything up front to accept payments? I need to have someone register with my site, pay at another site/system, and then be brought back to my site with their account reflecting the purchase.

Paypal will let me do this, but they only allow a $500 monthly transfer and that isnt going to cut it.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Payment Processing (not paypal)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 12:52:32 PM »
Google Checkout?
This signature intentionally left blank.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 12:57:32 PM »
never heard of it

Process transactions for free when you advertise with Google

Do i have to pay to advertise with them? I'm not in charge of the SEO and such so i have no idea whats going to be happening there yet.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 01:02:00 PM »
paypal premier?
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 01:35:30 PM »
If you're going to be doing large amounts of transactions, you're not going to get it for free.

If you're serious about it, you should setup a merchant account and go with a processor like authorize.net or something.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 01:44:20 PM »
Why not start with paypal then buy an account when you hit the $500 / month limit? If you are sure you're going to exceed that at launch then it seems like you should have the capital to invest in a monthly plan anyway.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 02:16:21 PM »
Why not start with paypal then buy an account when you hit the $500 / month limit? If you are sure you're going to exceed that at launch then it seems like you should have the capital to invest in a monthly plan anyway.

Thats the leading idea. I am going to need a monthly cost setup like tgm is saying. I would imagine the paypal account would see 1000-1500 inside 2 weeks if not faster.

And PP Premiere, bleh. I refuse to pay for PP. The main reason i am looking for something else for the main system is because of their shadey business practices and retarded policies.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 02:55:52 PM »
Use an authorize.net account.  And stop thinking you're going to get this shit for next to nothing.  You need it processed, they do the processing.  You pay for it.  That's life.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 03:26:06 PM »
Use an authorize.net account.  And stop thinking you're going to get this shit for next to nothing.  You need it processed, they do the processing.  You pay for it.  That's life.

I just said i plan to pay for it. I planned to pay for it all along, i was simply looking for a free alternative to the paypal system for the initial use.

Damn.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 03:50:17 PM »
Sorry... I guess my hatred towards that mindset from most of my customers hit the wall on this one. 

No offense.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 04:35:21 PM »
None taken, the dammit was in general i didnt make the intent to pay later clear so it was a fair assumption.

Besides if it goes as planned and is large enough that PP would be a burden, i would have to be a stingy stupid asshole to try and avoid paying for a service to handle my splender.