Author Topic: Host recommendation  (Read 8848 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Host recommendation
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2009, 12:07:05 AM »
I did reseller through hostgator, wasnt impressed with the control panel (hsphere i think) but the server was nice.

My domains are done through godaddy and dynadot, but i had 12 thru 1and1 because they were free
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2009, 09:03:29 AM »
...RoD there is a point where you should realize that it is not the universe conspiring against you, and that it is most likely that you are the fuck up and are doing something to bring this upon your self. Get your self together, stop whining like a little bitch, get of your lazy ass, and do something with your life. Or better yet, just sue 1and1.....:rolleyes:
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2009, 10:07:58 AM »
...RoD there is a point where you should realize that it is not the universe conspiring against you, and that it is most likely that you are the fuck up and are doing something to bring this upon your self. Get your self together, stop whining like a little bitch, get of your lazy ass, and do something with your life. Or better yet, just sue 1and1.....:rolleyes:

Right, so its my fault that i paid my bill and realized they overcharged me? It's my fault that they offered me something and didnt deliver...twice? And its my fault for expecting a company to stand behind the agreements it makes with it's customers? Give me a fucking break.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2009, 11:24:52 AM »
Yup.
This signature intentionally left blank.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2009, 11:26:34 AM »
And fix your ubuntu/vista image. It bothers me that the circles aren't lined up on the top. :D

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2009, 12:04:31 PM »
<:mad:> <------ Linky

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2009, 01:02:01 PM »

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2009, 01:05:24 PM »
No, not directly. But that doesn't mean that there's nothing you can do to reduce the chances of these kinds of things happening. axon is basically right.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2009, 01:10:05 PM »
What could i have done given my situation? The bill was wrong, so i called. They offered a credit, all i wanted originally was the bill fixed so i could pay it. I said awsome and hung up. I noticed the server down, i called, they apologized and made a new offer, i accepted.

It wasnt like i was reguarly on the site as of late. Could i have done more to ensure it wasnt suspended? Sure absolutely. But that doesnt put me at fault, and to say they screwed up isnt some kind of conspiracy its the truth. I would have kept my service with 1and1. Hell i would pay the 70.00 if i had it just to be done with the headache. But i dont and im the victim here.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2009, 01:20:18 PM »
It's not about the specific situation, that's why I said it's not directly your fault. These kinds of things happen to anybody and everybody (my bank just fucked me out of over $100 last month and my flexible spending account fucked me out of over $1000 last year). But you can do things to reduce the number of times this shit happens and more importantly, how it affects you.

Going to the navy or starting and finishing school might seem unrelated, but those are the kinds of things that will help you overcome these kinds of situations.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2009, 03:15:49 PM »
well yea if we are being broad spectrum alot of it is my fault, but a large portion is shitty luck as well. Like last night i wasnt home, someone broke in and stole 8 laptops and 4 desktops in for repair. I'm going to end up eating ALL of that in the long run. I spent my entire morning filling out reports and statements and fielding a million phone calls from seriously pissed off people.

Wasnt my fault. I had the house locked up and everything was in the bedroom closet covered up. they stole the tv, too. They didnt get mine only because i had it with me. I almost left it home, but heather wanted me to bring it so i grabbed it last second. That was another thing the sheriff officer was a c*nt and kept bringing up how convienent that was.

Fucking A. Yea not everything is the world out to get me or bad luck, but can anyone here honestly say that i dont have the worst luck? I somehow always find a way to make things work, but im so tired of it. I'm fucking depressed, i have seriously had enough and im one stumble short of a meltdown i may not come back from.

Fuck now i feel even worse.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2009, 03:28:53 PM »
Bad things happen in threes. Isn't that the saying?

webwhy

• Jackass IV
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2009, 03:35:22 PM »
here's my theory...granted...just a theory...

you're not that young anymore...you have no job, no education, no prospects...you're delusional...you create fantasies to explain the failures in your life...contrived stories about mixups over invoices, payments and promised credits... in these fantasies blame is passed onto a third party...this is your coping mechanism...

sorry if that's harsh, but you need to own your situation...your choices are your own...

I'm probably completely wrong, but it's hard to argue with axon and charlie...you're obviously doing something incorrectly...exactly what that may be is difficult to determine via the web...

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2009, 03:45:28 PM »
well yea if we are being broad spectrum alot of it is my fault, but a large portion is shitty luck as well. Like last night i wasnt home, someone broke in and stole 8 laptops and 4 desktops in for repair. I'm going to end up eating ALL of that in the long run. I spent my entire morning filling out reports and statements and fielding a million phone calls from seriously pissed off people.

Wasnt my fault. I had the house locked up and everything was in the bedroom closet covered up. they stole the tv, too. They didnt get mine only because i had it with me. I almost left it home, but heather wanted me to bring it so i grabbed it last second. That was another thing the sheriff officer was a c*nt and kept bringing up how convienent that was.

Fucking A. Yea not everything is the world out to get me or bad luck, but can anyone here honestly say that i dont have the worst luck? I somehow always find a way to make things work, but im so tired of it. I'm fucking depressed, i have seriously had enough and im one stumble short of a meltdown i may not come back from.

Fuck now i feel even worse.

I can honestly say you don't have the worst luck.

I don't think anybody is saying these things are your fault or that you ask for them to happen. But some of us do think that there is a correlation between how you live your life and the frequency of these things happening.

That doesn't mean your life is shit. Hell, you're like 24 or something and you're a pretty smart guy. You've got a great life ahead of you. But it will be better (in my opinion) if you quit lamenting your luck and just face the fact that life can be a bitch sometimes and the only thing you can do is make the most of it. Even if you can't avoid all the crap you can make things better just by making a few changes. But it's up to you to do that and stick to it. Otherwise, it will take extremely good luck to get yourself out of this cycle.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2009, 04:26:24 PM »
yes, yes and yes.

I completely agree with webwhy.

I was actually really happy when you planned on going to the Navy. I really believe that any imposed discipline would be great for a person like you; I hoped you would commit to it, but I had a feeling you wouldn't and that it was all an attention grabbing sham.

Your "story", and I mean your WHOLE story, as you presented it to us here over the years we've been doing this forum thing, is full of holes. As far as I'm concerned, you're making up 75% of the things you're telling us about....I guess I went through a similar phase when my life was quickly spiraling out of control. I was ashamed about what was happening and I knew I was in control over 99% of it, and just did not feel like doing anything about it - therefore making up outrageous stories in lieu of the truth helped me cope...but that lasted for about 4 months or so - until I decided to get my act together. Your story seems to be lasting for a better part of the last four years or so.

Just STOP it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYLMTvxOaeE 
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.