Author Topic: Woodstove  (Read 1752 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Woodstove
« on: December 15, 2015, 10:40:38 AM »
Two weekends ago I installed a wood stove in the garage/workshop. Never done anything like that before, but I watched a few youtube vids and voila! the stove stands and it even works as it is supposed to! I have been thinking about heating the workshop so that I can do more work in the winter, and hopefully this will do it. Next year I am planning to insulate the walls and also put a ceiling up (at least a partial one).

The whole process was not very difficult, but I am glad my dad was hear to help me - definitely a two person job. (I will be posting a video on youtube once I am done editing it). Took us about 4 hours to do it. Used a single wall pipe inside (black) and a triple wall going through the roof. The stove, pipes, and other materials cost $1200. My other option was to put in a natural gas heater since I have natural gas on the property, but that would require running some pipe and the overall cost to operate would be significantly more. I have a ton of wood that is free - so a stove was a logical choice.

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.