Author Topic: cast iron cooking  (Read 3768 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
cast iron cooking
« on: April 16, 2016, 09:24:23 PM »
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: cast iron cooking
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 10:10:35 PM »
Makes my breakfast  every weekend. And  lots of other meals in between too. Wish I'd  have known about them far earlier  than I did. I need to add a Dutch oven to my collection  soon. And a few small ones for personal sized corn breads.
This signature intentionally left blank.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 12:18:07 AM »
Jake, I think you need a few more hashtags on that post.  :)

I have used cast iron for steaks in the winter when I didn't want to mess with the grill but I'd much rather use the grill for most stuff.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 11:11:49 AM »
Jake, I think you need a few more hashtags on that post.  :)

you think so?? ;)

I have used cast iron for steaks in the winter when I didn't want to mess with the grill but I'd much rather use the grill for most stuff.

I'm having a trip with it directly on the fire :)
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 11:12:39 AM »
Makes my breakfast  every weekend. And  lots of other meals in between too. Wish I'd  have known about them far earlier  than I did. I need to add a Dutch oven to my collection  soon. And a few small ones for personal sized corn breads.

got some recypes you'd care to share?

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 02:50:30 PM »
No recipes really, just simple usage. Hashbrowns and eggs mostly with occasional bacon and grilled cheese or burritos (great to crisp up the outside). I haven't made cornbread yet, but have had it at restaurants a few times. Going to try various breads soon.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 09:28:24 PM »
we caught a few catfish with my son this morning and then fried them in the cast iron skillet for dinner. it was freakin delicious.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEjLU-_r8sf
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEj5NQNL8ry