Author Topic: Scratch repair  (Read 1462 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Scratch repair
« on: March 18, 2012, 06:08:52 PM »
So the other day it was windy, and Ashley let go of the door in the Cavalier while looking for something and it flew open and nailed the HHR. Why was it parked so close? You know, I have given up on trying to determine that.

Anyway it out a nice series of scratches in the door, they were pretty bad compared to ones I have fixed before. The guy at NAPA suggested Zymbol wax, said I wouldn't even need a buffer. I gave him a very small benefit of the doubt and told him if it didn't work I wanted my $12 back. He told me if it didn't work he would refund me the $12 and I could keep it.

So screw it, I tried it. Holy crap this stuff is worth every penny, it took the scratches completely out in about 6 minutes with a charmois (spelling?) and some elbow grease. I gave the car a good bath and used it all over the place and WOW I'm impressed.

So if you want to try something new this year Zymbol earns it's price tag.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Scratch repair
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 10:56:08 PM »
So just wash the car and put it on?  I assume you should put it all over the car and not just over scratches though, right?

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Scratch repair
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 11:04:53 PM »
It's a wax, so you can do the whole care in it. For the scratches wash them with soap and water, rinse and dry then rub this stuff into it till they go away. I repaired the scratches and a few swirl marks, then washed the car and used this stuff as a wax for the whole thing.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?