Author Topic: U.S. Election Thread 2016  (Read 31684 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: U.S. Election Thread 2016
« Reply #150 on: November 09, 2016, 12:28:35 AM »

Good news for me is that the pot law seems to be passing in CA.  So at least I won't have to face the next 4 years sober.

:dblthumb2: :dblthumb2: :woot: :woot:
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #151 on: November 09, 2016, 12:32:29 AM »
My son said that Trump would win. He said he is the one that looks most like a president :p

He's just a kid and kids say the darnedest things and all, but that's actually pretty sad. Hope you at least put the thought in his head that maybe that's not a good thing to think.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #152 on: November 09, 2016, 12:32:54 AM »
Good news for me is that the pot law seems to be passing in CA.  So at least I won't have to face the next 4 years sober.

Was thinking the same thing. ;)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #153 on: November 09, 2016, 12:35:39 AM »
My son said that Trump would win. He said he is the one that looks most like a president :p

He's just a kid and kids say the darnedest things and all, but that's actually pretty sad. Hope you at least put the thought in his head that maybe that's not a good thing to think.

Nope, I told him only pussy grabbing men can be president!!!! come on, Charlie!!!
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #154 on: November 09, 2016, 01:24:56 AM »
Dude, even reasonable people think things like "he just looks more like a president".

I'm not saying it's the reason Trump won but it kind of hits close to home in this particular election.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #155 on: November 09, 2016, 01:30:35 AM »
BTW I saw this the other day and found it interesting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HA1i6NqZJ4

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #156 on: November 09, 2016, 03:07:18 AM »
And there we have it!

VBprogrammer

• Back on GMT thank god
  • Jackass IV
« Reply #157 on: November 09, 2016, 06:42:44 AM »
WHAT DID YOU GUYS JUST DO!

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #158 on: November 09, 2016, 08:04:40 AM »
Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos!

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #159 on: November 09, 2016, 10:12:35 AM »
I didn't think it was possible so I didn't prepare myself.  I'm pretty down right now.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #160 on: November 09, 2016, 11:56:19 AM »
The crazy thing is that Clinton will probably win the popular vote, and only lost by a point or two in the states she needed to win the electoral college like Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. But her lead was 3-4 points higher a week or two ago and after every major event of the campaign. If there had been a debate last week instead of three weeks ago, she would have won. If the Trump tapes had come out a week ago instead of several weeks ago, she would have won. If the FBI hadn't mentioned possibly reopening the investigation only to say never mind later, she probably would have won.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #161 on: November 09, 2016, 12:06:25 PM »
I do wonder how much that is true and how much it isn't.  I don't know why anyone would have changed their mind based on anything in the final weeks leading up to it.  If those things that happened were enough to sway your vote, you're a shit voter.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #162 on: November 09, 2016, 12:19:34 PM »
I doubt that. Same with if Bernie had run.

Before this election even started (years ago) I said it was the Republican's race to lose. I figured they could throw any candidate in the race and win since the general discontent around the current party was so high. While I didn't figure they'd actually just throw "any" candidate at the race, it's my opinion that this had much more to do with discontent than with the candidates. As in many of these recent elections I don't think we're actually voting for someone (some people actually are I guess) but rather against the other person. I'm actually sort of surprised Hillary didn't pull this one out based on just how Trump ran his campaign but in a society where we really only get two options and we don't like one of them, the outcome shouldn't really be all that shocking.

Now I'm saying the same thing before Trump even takes the office. This is the Democrat's race to lose next time. I'm not terribly confident that Trump is going to get much done in 4 years or that things will be perceived as any better than now and since it's basically all Republicans in control now if things turn out to still suck, it's likely going to end up the opposite way in four years.

So I have this suggestion, which the Republicans completely ignored last time: Democrats, find a candidate you like right now and prepare them for 2 years from now.
This signature intentionally left blank.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #163 on: November 09, 2016, 01:35:26 PM »
I agree with you there, tgm.

In two years, though, Democrats will have a hard time gaining control of either the House or the Senate. I haven't seen the numbers for this year, but in recent elections there have been more Democratic votes for the House than Republicans, but Republicans have a huge advantage because of the way the district lines are drawn and how concentrated the Democratic vote is. So even when people are fed up with the Republicans in power, it's really hard for Democrats to win the House.

In the Senate, in two years there will be a lot of very Republican areas with Senate elections, and the Democrats who are incumbents won behind Obama's 2012 election. So it will be hard for Democrats to gain then as well. It really seems like that it will be like this (whatever "this" is) for four years.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #164 on: November 09, 2016, 04:42:57 PM »
I meant Presidential candidate in 2 years. That gives them one year to really prep before "game time". The House/Senate thing is a whole other thing.
This signature intentionally left blank.