Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Open Discussion / Re: Serious discussion: what's next for this site?
« Last post by charlie on November 29, 2023, 02:17:20 AM »
No strong preference here. I check in in spurts and have it set to email if someone posts anyway (although I think that's currently broken).

I don't see any major reason to put effort into maintaining the site, though. Having a private subreddit or similar that doesn't need maintenance where we can go even if the site dies is not a bad idea especially for those of us who aren't connected to anybody on facebook or elsewhere.

If we do that I don't know that we need to maintain this site. But at the same time any other place would be dead on arrival unless people actually post stuff. If we do set that up I'd like to see people make an effort to start dumb conversations for awhile just so we don't have three threads and then dead. ;)

BTW, we currently have 8 active members who actually login semi-regularly.
« Last post by ober on November 28, 2023, 12:02:30 PM »
It's not about the money.  I am just trying to understand what people want to happen.  I'll add a poll.
« Last post by Jake on November 28, 2023, 11:35:23 AM »
but if you do decide to keep it going and need some $$ for hosting, please let me know.
« Last post by Jake on November 28, 2023, 10:51:34 AM »
I check every few days. I think it is time to move on. I say kill it. But maybe add a vote option to this topic?
Open Discussion / Serious discussion: what's next for this site?
« Last post by ober on November 27, 2023, 08:51:11 AM »
I check probably every day but there's been less than 1 post / week lately.  I know life is busy for everyone but is this something we want to keep going with?  Is anyone else even checking in?  Love you all to death and I'm probably still closer to some of you than some people IRL.  But if people have moved on or we want to find a new home, I'm not opposed to it.  We could attempt to do a private subreddit again.

I'm totally ok just letting this sit here and continue as-is but I figured it was worth the question.
Photography/Video/Movies & TV / Re: Interesting/favorite streaming shows right now
« Last post by ober on October 03, 2023, 10:25:08 AM »
We gave up on it - I think we were through the second season, part way into the 3rd?
Photography/Video/Movies & TV / Re: TWD - DD and other spinoffs
« Last post by ober on October 03, 2023, 10:24:09 AM »
I gave up on TWD a long time ago.  Tried one or 2 of the spinoffs and it wasn't the same. 
Photography/Video/Movies & TV / Re: Interesting/favorite streaming shows right now
« Last post by Jake on October 02, 2023, 04:03:32 PM »
We're in the middle of Manifest.  2nd season maybe?  Haven't watched it in a while. It's slowly starting to get kind of annoying.  The acting is so terrible in that show but I like the story line.  The lead guy is the fuckin worst.  He's so damn cheesy.

The last few episodes of this are on Netflix. It's pretty bad - but at this point I just want to see how it ends so I will stick with it.
Photography/Video/Movies & TV / TWD - DD and other spinoffs
« Last post by Jake on October 02, 2023, 04:00:21 PM »
The last season of TWD was decent - but it did not compare to what it was in the past. There is a bunch of spin offs now, with the newest one bein Daryl Dixon. 4 episodes so far, and let me tell, it is pretty freagin great. When I heard that the plot is set in France, I was skeptical and apprehensive - but I'm glad I decided to see it anyway. So far the story is great. The TWD world is getting a little mystical. Acting is awesome. Reminds me of the first few seasons of the original, but more dark and gritty. If you haven't yet, you should give this one a shot.

the other one is Dead City - the story of Maggie and Negan. This one is OK. I watched all 6 episodes, but it is not as good. I like the actor playing Negan, he can act his ass off - but can't stand the actress playing Maggie. This spinoff is pretty dark and gory too - significantly more than the original TWD.

Have you guys been watching these?
Programming / Re: Thoughts on this as a screening question?
« Last post by ober on September 05, 2023, 09:48:57 AM »
I think it would work. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10