Author Topic: Football Season 2012  (Read 12525 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: Football Season 2012
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 09:52:53 AM »
i didn't watch any games other than my Patriots (vs Tennessee) -- I'm wondering, how were the replacement refs across the rest of the league? 

There was one really bad call in my game where they failed to call PI which probably cost the Titans an early TD (but of course, it was in our favor so i guess I can't complain)
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 09:59:52 AM »
I had to google replacement ref's, I don't really pay any attention until i watch the games. The NFL has had it rough this year.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 10:48:56 AM »
Even though a lot of penalties were called against the Steelers, I think they did a pretty good job.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 11:13:07 AM »
It doesn't help that Harbaugh goes crazy yelling at the refs anyway, so replacement refs seem horrible with all his antics, but they had several bad plays in the 49ers-Packers game.

Packers had a punt return for a touchdown but a penalty flag was thrown. Then the ref said that there was no penalty on the play. Looked like there were two blocks right near each other. The first was legal (but close to being in the back) and the second was pretty clearly in the back. The flag was thrown for the second, but somebody who saw the first thought it was for that and overruled it. That gave the packers a 70+ yard touchdown.

Earlier, Aldon Smith got a 10 yard sack and Rodgers' foot kicked his helmet almost all the way off. His hands took it the rest of the way and he got flagged for taking his helmet off, which gave them a first down instead of 2nd or 3rd and 20. And on the punt right before that drive, they called illegal block in the back on the 49ers even though they were the kicking team and the guy they called was the one who got pushed in the back (although it probably shouldn't have been a foul anyway). It's possible the penalty was earlier than the replay showed, but that was pretty weird.

The refs did miss an offsides call on the 49ers on a 3rd down play and they ended up getting the first down, so that was important and in favor of SF (and they got a touchdown on that drive I think).

There were a couple other close plays they got right. Several of the ones that Green Bay was mad at seemed like they were decent calls, and several other close calls against the 49ers were actually the right ones. But god it makes it harder to watch when you just have this feeling that they're going to screw up and do something weird.

Holy fuck I wrote an essay on replacement refs. I hope they get the real ones back soon so I can be pissed at them.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 02:31:37 PM »
Refs blew some calls in our game - messed up a fumble call for them, 2-3 bad pass interference calls IMO (at least 1 in favor of each team), and extended redskin's drives with BS penalties or no calls a couple other times...it was roughly fair but I think favored them...

...more importantly though, they couldn't keep their laundry off the field. I don't know if they felt like they had to call a lot to assert authority or were just trigger happy, and partially as a consequence, our fucking game lasted almost 4 hours. I love the saints, and we had a chance to win in the end...but I was just absolutely fucking tired of watching!
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 02:32:05 PM »
Also kept us from getting a rhythm - which is huge for our team
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 02:40:33 PM »
Refs make bad calls all the time though, could it be that everyone is simply being harder on them now and therefore nitpicking?
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 03:04:26 PM »
Totally. Not a horrible job except the 4 hours part. That was ridiculous.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2012, 06:31:36 AM »
HAHAHAHAHA. Officials FTW! Fuck Goddell

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2012, 09:42:42 AM »
The guy is a fucking clown and that call to give SEA the win was INSANITY. The news today is just great, Goddell is getting slammed something fierce. This is one of my favs

Wisconsin State Senator Jon Erpenbach tweeted NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell’s office phone number after the replacement officials mishandled the final play of the game. Seattle’s Golden Tate pushed one Green Bay defender out of the way then wrestled another for the ball and was awarded a disputed touchdown on the final play.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2012, 10:31:20 AM »
I missed last nights MNF game but saw the coverage this morning.  f*ing unbelievable.  Did anyone watch my Patriots on Sunday night football against the Ravens?  There were no flags for the first 12 minutes and then they threw like more than 20 the rest of the game.  Several of them were horrible and even the announcers were saying that these guys don't belong at the professional level.  At one point, the crowd in Baltimore was chanting "bull shit!" for a minute straight.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2012, 12:21:40 PM »
I missed last nights MNF game but saw the coverage this morning.  f*ing unbelievable.  Did anyone watch my Patriots on Sunday night football against the Ravens?  There were no flags for the first 12 minutes and then they threw like more than 20 the rest of the game.  Several of them were horrible and even the announcers were saying that these guys don't belong at the professional level.  At one point, the crowd in Baltimore was chanting "bull shit!" for a minute straight.

I was watching it. Last night I was screaming at the TV. How you can you spend 10 seconds looking at that and get it wrong, let alone the near 10 minutes they took last night. GB probably ripped that locker room apart. Who is really suffering is the players and soon, the advertisers because fans are going to stop watching. At this point if they settled today the regular ref's still wouldn't be back until week 7 or 8. The season is screwed, the games don't matter, the stats are fucked, and the super bowl will be irrelevant.

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2012, 01:05:45 PM »
The problem was once it goes to replay it couldn't be overturned since the rules say you can't use replay to determine which player has possession.  That said though they should have gotten the call right to begin with.

Lost $50 on that game  :mad:

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2012, 01:07:23 PM »
The problem was once it goes to replay it couldn't be overturned since the rules say you can't use replay to determine which player has possession.  That said though they should have gotten the call right to begin with.

Lost $50 on that game  :mad:

The possession never should have been an issue, there was a penalty prior to that by the receiver. The whole play was screwed and a TD never should have been called.

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2012, 01:09:03 PM »
The penalty I can forgive, even the real refs would have let that go because they NEVER call a penalty on a hail mary.