Author Topic: Watching football online?  (Read 9864 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Watching football online?
« on: September 12, 2008, 05:45:38 AM »
I have a TV but i dont pay for any service because honestly, i would only watch it for football and i have enough bills. Is there a way to watch the games online?
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Re: Watching football online?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 07:31:16 AM »
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 02:49:14 PM »
I'll check out the regular one. I assume i can click them when the game day comes? Anyway i find this amusing:

You are accessing this page from a restricted territory. NFL Game Pass HD is not available in the United States, Mexico, Canada, Bermuda, Antigua, the Bahamas, and any U.S. territories, possessions and commonwealths (including American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands). View all restriction details.

I mean.....isnt the leauge in the USA? :lol: wtf
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 02:56:10 PM »
I think its because of the contractual agreements they have with network television stations to be the exclusive carrier of a game in a given area.

edit: similarly, they don't want compete with their own interests (such as the NFL network or the NFL packages you can buy from cable/dish providers that give you access to every game)

edit2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackout_(broadcasting)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 03:04:03 PM by micah »
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 03:09:52 PM »
Well fuck me that makes sense, didnt even think of that. Need to order a new disk and a viewsat like i had in NJ lol...

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 03:25:39 PM »
on a related note, I kinda want to buy my brother the NHL package for his birthday.  He's a die-hard Bruins fan but can only catch a few games a year now that he moved out to Indiana.  If he had it, I know he'd watch it... just don't know if I want to spend that much... plus it would probably piss his wife off (which is actually a bonus)
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 03:57:51 PM »
this must be the brother with the wife from last years pats game story? LOL do it.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 09:34:45 AM »
sweeeeet. thnx man

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 05:21:51 PM »
I use it all the time to watch soccer matches or anything else that i can't catch  on TV

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 05:43:51 PM »
Yea im going to watch the pats jets game tomm

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 11:59:34 PM »
I heard the Jets have 1.5 point advantage in the spread  :rolleyes:

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 08:02:39 AM »
I heard the Jets have 1.5 point advantage in the spread  :rolleyes:
Of course they do. The Pats just lost arguably the best QB of all time, and the Jets are starting arguably the greatest QB of all time.  Favre just being there makes the game competitive, especially with Brady out

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 11:28:56 AM »
yea farve is solid and it has made the WR's step up. Last week he threw a what, 50 yard pass was it? whens the last time u saw the jets complete a 50 yard pass LOL

And brady wasnt the team, but he was the heart of it. I'll be suprised if they put 2 touchdowns up

Dumah

• Jackass IV
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 11:49:52 AM »
I wish I knew what the hell you were talking about