Author Topic: Superbowl  (Read 12883 times)

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Superbowl
« on: January 25, 2010, 11:24:36 AM »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woot: :woot: :dblthumb2: :love: :thumbsup: :+1: :woot:  :love: :shock: :dancin:  :shock: :dancin: :kickass: :kickass:  :shock: :kickass: :love: :woot: :love: :woot: :woot: :kickass: :woot: :praying: :woot: :rofl: :woot: :+1: :dancin: :+1: :woot: :dancin: :woot: :kickass:
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Superbowl
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 11:28:30 AM »
Haha, nice :)  Congrats kermi :)

I don't think anyone can really argue that these are the two best teams in the league this year.  I'm really looking forward to the game and very glad that I don't have to hear about Favre for 2 weeks

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 11:57:17 AM »
:D

Yeah, I was rooting for the Colts and the Saints. I don't know who I would root for in the game, though. I would probably lean towards Indianapolis, but I also wouldn't mind the Saints winning so maybe I'll try to go neutral and just watch the game like that.

very glad that I don't have to hear about Favre for 2 weeks
Well, you're still going to have to hear about Favre for 2 weeks (or months). Will he retire? Will he change his mind? How does he feel about his last throw being an interception in the NFC Championship game again? Etc, etc.

But, yeah, definitely better than him actually being in the Super Bowl.

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 12:13:52 PM »
Bah, I was rooting for Favre. Can't believe all the fumbles in the game.

Oh well, my team sucked this year anyways

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 12:26:56 PM »
> Well, you're still going to have to hear about Favre for 2 weeks (or months).

Yeah, you're right.  We'll hear about him until he actually retires.  But at least this way I won't have to hear about Favre passing the torch to Manning or how Favre has overcome so much to make it this favre

Now there are 2 (non-recent expansion) teams that have never made it to a Super Bowl - the Lions and the Browns.  However, since the Browns were moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens and promptly won a Super Bowl, you could pretty much say that the existing Browns are an expansion, even though they supposedly kept the history of the original team.  Go Lions :sigh:

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 12:29:36 PM »
Also I hope Favre comes back next year for the Vikings - he's very obviously still got the talent to do it, and they've got a lot of young skill players to work with.  I also hope he makes this decision basically immediately so we don't have to hear this "will he won't he" bullshit until the preseason starts again

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 12:37:52 PM »
I agree with you on all counts Govt - I was thinking about the Lions last night...

I'm very very happy we won - though I do wish it had been a cleaner game - the officials screwed each team a time or three.  As for Favre - I hope he comes back too - but I don't want to hear about it anymore...decision by draft day or none at all...better yet - just don't tell me what he's going to do until opening day...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 12:43:11 PM »
Lions... :(

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 12:51:19 PM »
So is it decided, we're all cheering for New Orleans?
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 12:58:59 PM »
So is it decided, we're all cheering for New Orleans?
Sorry, no can do...
I don't know who I would root for in the game, though. I would probably lean towards Indianapolis, but I also wouldn't mind the Saints winning so maybe I'll try to go neutral and just watch the game like that.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 01:01:26 PM »
Die charlie.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 01:02:19 PM »
In all seriousness - I do feel for the colts, they're my number 2 team - I'm a Peyton fan...I hope for Peyton's sake though he loses - otherwise he'll never be allowed to come home...

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 03:26:40 PM »
I'm with charlie.  I like both teams and I'm just hoping for a good game.  The Super Bowl is usually pretty anticlimactic

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 04:04:39 PM »
I'm thrilled the Saints made it but man do I feel bad for the Vikings.  I believe they really outplayed New Orleans yesterday but just made so many stupid mistakes.  That 12 men in the huddle penalty at the end is as dumb as they come.

We've actually had a number of good Super Bowls the last 10 years, heres hoping we have another one, and GO SAINTS!

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 04:09:52 PM »
Yeah there have been a few good ones recently, but overall I think they're usually pretty boring

> just made so many stupid mistakes

If Brett Favre keeps his head out of his ass and runs upfield a few yards and then out of bounds, this thread probably doesn't even exist.