Author Topic: BAM! $ Pleez  (Read 11022 times)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: BAM! $ Pleez
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 11:24:15 AM »
Search your heart, you know it to be true

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 11:43:13 AM »
I know, but I like to pretend...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 01:18:09 PM »

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 01:19:59 PM »
Wow that was harsh considering you know it is happening on a lot of teams.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2012, 01:22:15 PM »
Right and I'm sure Goodell knows it, but the league has to step up and remove any doubt that it's accepted.  I think he made his point.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2012, 01:26:58 PM »
I know everyone keeps saying that all the teams do it and its been around forever, but is that really true?  is there any proof?  It seems like if this HAS been going on, this punishment is the NFL's way of saying its stops now.

Honestly, I think these are appropriate punishments.  As a fan, I get that its a player's job to physically break down their opponent, but this act of targeted attacks, with full intent of causing injuring, is sadistic and really disgusts me - especially since there was a financial reward.

If I were a player injured by a team that is known to practice this incentive program, I would press for criminal assault charges.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2012, 01:30:37 PM »
The only proof of it would be hearsay and there have been quite a few players coming out and saying that it happened.  In my mind, it's the same as PED use in sports.  There's not going to be a lot of hard proof, but that doesn't mean it's not happening

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2012, 01:32:48 PM »
Whoa... holy shit. Payton suspended for a year?

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2012, 01:34:02 PM »
The only proof of it would be hearsay and there have been quite a few players coming out and saying that it happened.  In my mind, it's the same as PED use in sports.  There's not going to be a lot of hard proof, but that doesn't mean it's not happening

I don't think the money incentives are that widespread, and if they are it's at much lower dollar amounts. Being happy to knock important players out of the game is probably widespread, but that's not the reason for these penalties.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2012, 01:38:39 PM »
I wonder if Williams will ever coach again.  The amount of scrutiny he'll bring to whatever team signs him after his suspension will be huge

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2012, 04:44:16 PM »
It's a sport where guys hit each other. From the first time you join a team if you are a defensive player it is drilled into you to hit hard, as hard as you can, every time between every whistle.

So instead of just saying that, they said he hit hard like your supposed to and make an extra effort to hit that guy as often as you can as hard as you can. Is it that big of a deal to go the 3/4 of an inch further and tell them you will reward them if certain players can't play? NO.

This isn't golf. If Tiger Woods paid his caddy to break his opponents knee caps I would take issue with it. This is fucking football. The NFL is a bunch of pussy shit these days anyway.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2012, 05:11:32 PM »
But when your stars are out injured because you encourage that type of stuff, then where are you?

Would you rather have a league with lots of big hits but not a lot of big time star skill position athletes, or the other way around? I'd rather have the skill position stars playing and it's not even close.

That's enough right there to be against injury bounties without even addressing the fact that there's a big difference between hitting a player hard to injure him, hitting him hard to intimidate him, and hitting him hard to gain an advantage on the play. The last one if perfectly fine, the middle one is a tough question and your arguments would be good for that discussion. The first one is easily wrong.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2012, 05:16:28 PM »
It's up to the coaches to plan for injuries, period.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2012, 05:36:58 PM »
First - Willams Better be out for more than a year

Second - way to harsh on Peyton

Third - I don't want to talk about it and I'm refusing to read more of this thread for a couple days....
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 05:37:41 PM »
Oh - and Fuck Goodell