Author Topic: BAM! $ Pleez  (Read 11114 times)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: BAM! $ Pleez
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2012, 07:27:59 AM »
Oh - and Fuck Goodell
Why?  Your DC was the one doing it and your head coach lied to the league about it, I'm not sure how Goodell is at fault.  He had to come down hard.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2012, 07:33:13 AM »
I lied on 3 days...I'm feeling better this morning...I think the full year on Sean was excessive.  I understand the lying, but has no coach ever lied to the league before?  This was Goodell being tempermental.  4, 6, 8 games all make sense - even 10 to make it significantly longer than Loomis - but a season (including preseason acquisitions), seems excessive to me. 

Putting the franchise at an excessively large competitive disadvantage...

Especially since Williams status will be reviewed at the end of the year - so the 2 could get the same time for very different crimes.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2012, 07:37:17 AM »
Payton covered up the bounties and Williams worked for him.  A manager should be held responsible for the crimes of his employees - if Payton would have done something about it he could have stopped it, but he didn't and then he covered it up for the league

I really want to know how they're going to enforce the suspension of the GM.  Do you take his phone and email away?

edit: I mean obviously Goodell was making an example of Payton, but he sort of had to

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2012, 09:00:43 AM »
Responsible, yes, but this one is excessive. I agree that Goodell has to make an example, but I think he went over and above...4 games was widely expected, 8-10 would have been an example.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2012, 09:06:35 AM »
I don't know, man.  You're condoning your players and their superiors in planning to hurt players above and beyond normal play stuff.  That stuff could have ended careers, not just removed players from a single game.  That's fucked up.  Honestly, I wouldn't have thought twice if they told him he couldn't coach again ever in the league.  That's a horrible sense of judgement in my opinion.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2012, 11:30:28 AM »
I respect what you're saying, but its about how the saints were organized - my nderstanding has always been that Peyton and Williams each had their own side of the building...I realize the buck has to stop with Sean, and that's why 8-10 games wouldn't have surprised me...and I realize that he didn't kill it - again - 8-10 games...but the year?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2012, 11:32:57 AM »
Again, the bigger issue isn't that he didn't stop it, but that he lied to the league about it.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2012, 11:56:34 AM »
so does this mean everyone will forget about spygate?  yay!!!
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2012, 12:26:32 PM »

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2012, 01:10:05 PM »
By the way, I hadn't heard the report that Payton lied about it. Is that official? He knew and said he didn't know?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2012, 01:15:18 PM »
I'm not sure there's been a quote from Payton on the matter but from the ESPN article
According to the league, Payton ignored instructions from the NFL and Saints ownership to make sure bounties weren't being paid. The league also chastised him for choosing to "falsely deny that the program existed," and for trying to "encourage the false denials by instructing assistants to 'make sure our ducks are in a row.' "

So whether he lied or not, it appears that the league is taking the position that he did.  I've seen people claim that he lied about it three times but I don't know where that number comes from

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2012, 01:20:34 PM »
:thumbsup: Thanks.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2012, 04:21:23 PM »
Wow...this is even interesting to the rest of us.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2012, 08:12:41 PM »
lmfao it's ok kermi, you can cry
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?