Author Topic: steaks on charcoal  (Read 2499 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
steaks on charcoal
« on: May 01, 2012, 09:45:37 PM »
One of the guys here in Ohio invited me for dinner tonight. His entire family loves to grill, and I was in for a treat. His daughter made mini pizzas on the gas grill - awesome appetizer. His son made mixed veggies and bacon wrapped filets. I like some fat on my steak, but this was by far the best filet mignon I have ever had. It was perfectly seasoned - but it was the smoke that really kicked it up a notch. I've never had steaks done quite this way. He was using good quality hardwood charcoal. He got the temp to about 650, made a nice charcoal bed and placed the steak right on the coals! about a minute and a half on each side, and then about 5 more minutes on a high grate.

THEY WERE AWESOME. SOOOOO SMOKY. 
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: steaks on charcoal
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 09:46:22 PM »
additional plus is that he brews his own beer and has it on tap - yes.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: steaks on charcoal
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 11:31:05 PM »
Anyone who brews their own beer AND has a kegging setup knows how to make a good steak.

I really want to drop the $$ on a kegging system
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?