Author Topic: Crysis Update  (Read 3487 times)

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Crysis Update
« on: August 29, 2007, 05:14:05 PM »
Sounds as if my antique will still play this game in DX9.  I hope so.  I will not upgrade until mid to late spring 08.  Then I plan to go whole hog.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/news.html?sid=6177188&tag=nl.e579

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Crysis Update
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 05:16:40 PM »
the chein server case my buddy ordered inspired me to build a new gaming desktop. i ordered a second of the same case, dfi mobo, amd fx cpu, 2gigs of ram, ultra 800w psu (modular) and two geforce 7200 pci-x's. I spent a few bucks LOL
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 05:22:29 PM »
I would love to do that, but I wan the Intel x chipset and CPUs due early next spring.  Also be nice to have a next gen nvidia chipset.  I plan on building a pretty heavy duty rig.  Might use liquid cooling.  Dunno yet.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 05:30:24 PM »
>>Might use liquid cooling.

Been there, done that, several times. Water cooling is good for two things; making a mess and being really fucking cool. I intend to WC this one down the line a bit, but havent made the decision yet. That, and its quiet as hell usually. Do it custom, if you do it, i would be glad to help. Wait till u see what i do with this case. I did it once before on a small case. Going to paint it midnight black and "mirror" the clear coat. Picture a 2ft tall black MIRROR.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 05:32:05 PM »
its like this image. this guy has a really good writeup on it, thats what i followed for the first one.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 06:02:39 PM »
How do you mirror?

I have no fear of a water cooling system, as I work with these kinds of things all of the time.  My biggest fear is locating the proper hardware combo to have a QUIET rig while keeping CPU, chipset, and video cool while still cooling the other components.  Sounds like a nightmare of guessing.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 06:58:30 PM »
Mirroring comes after a good black paint (or even blue, green, anything dark) and a few layers of clear coat. When done right, you polish the hazed clear coat with auto compound and the mirror comes out. Heres a link to the writeup i used last time, and will use this time.

http://case-mods.linear1.org/case-mod-101-how-to-paint-your-computer-case-part-1/

Well theres a ton of info online, but of the system i have built the quiest was my personal setup. When it comes to the water blocks i absolutely, hands down, love DangerDen blocks. I had a Maze WB on the cpu, northbridge, and vid card cpu's. Hard drive is overkill usually. Then for a waterpump i used....ill have to look at my reciepts in a bit cant member the model. But not submersable. I used a DD cylinder style resevior, not big you dont need much. I got the type with the divider wall, the turbulence helps. Then for the cooling i used the heater core from a 80's chevy pickup, 12.00 new at advance auto. The fan was a evercool aluminum 120MM affixed the the core with a custom acrylic fan shroud.

All 1/2in tubing. Distilled water with about a half a cup of Dexcool antifreeze. The AF not only helps protect against corrosion, but it shows leaks if they occur. You should bench test the setup for at least 25 hours before it goes in. Never use metal hoseclamps. I like to use a seperate enclousre for the cooling and use quick connectors to put it into the computer at one of the rear expansion slots. But with the new case being so big, i will most likely do it all contained.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 07:01:41 PM »
And get the GOOD tubing. Nothing sucks more than having a tube collapse a few weeks in. Some people use color lines, i perfer clear so i can see whats going on.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 07:07:08 PM »
Cool.

I will know whose door to knock on when I get my next system.

Doubt I will mirror it tho.

:dunno:

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 07:24:51 PM »
well the case comes in beige, so i HAVE to paint it. Normally i would just spray it, but after seeing how well the one i did for a friend came out i think this case is perfect for this paint job.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 08:43:38 PM »
I decided a while back I will only purchase aluminum cases from now on.  So smooth is easy.  However you need to use a special primer. 

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 08:49:12 PM »
Yea im going to use some body filler to make this one 100% "shaved" then sand and prep the hell out of it. I have a lan party im hosting the 15th, so i have time to make it right =] I may even put a custom window in it. The case is steel (its a monster lol) but i have a garage and enough tools and know-how to mod her LOL