Technical & Scientific > Hardware

I bought a mechanical keyboard

(1/3) > >>

hans:
I've been happily using a K380 for quite some time since it's small cheap but holds up well to daily use. But I have finally caved to peer pressure and bought an assembled mechanical keyboard, the Drop Alt (with speed silver switches). I also ended up ordering an SK61(with optical reds) from Amazon to try too (on the cheaper side) as an extra keyboard for my Pi's but we'll have to compare the two when they arrive next week.

I do still have my Ergodox kit sitting in my basement too that maybe I'll start soldering up for use.

What do you guys type on? Anyone else in the mechanical cult?

I kind of want to try a 40% ortholinear board like the Planck too but I might try and get my Ergodox up and running to try that sort of thing out.

Perspective:
I've always liked the idea of the split ergo keyboards... but for me "B" is a right hand key and they all have it on the left half of the split. I could never get used to that.

KnuckleBuckett:
Been using this for a few years.

https://www.realforce.co.jp/en/products/realforce_rgb/

Great board for typing.  I have had Razer, Corsair, and even a Ducky. 

hans:
Knuck, how'd you like the Ducky? The One 2 Mini/SF were in my list to look at but the ones I got were a bit easier to come by, at least quickly.

KnuckleBuckett:
Ducky was okay.  Nothing like the Duckys I had used in the past.  I am not sure if they became cheap and lazy or that particular model was an odd duck... I didn't keep it long and replaced it with the RealForce which is by far the best I have used to date.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version