Nothing & Everything > Open Discussion

We got a puppy!

<< < (2/6) > >>

ober:
My wife and I both had this vision that it would be good to have a dog for walks and to hopefully force us to just be more active but ultimately we just felt like it would force us to restrict ourselves (having to get back to the house to let the dog out or not able to just go do stuff whenever we want)... plus we go visit my parents a few times a year and I'm not going to board the dog and we can't take it with us.  The whole thing just felt like we were getting a toddler that wasn't going to grow up.

Mike:
I hear ya.  Some visions/thought as you and yeah same realizations.  We just went went out of town for several days and while we had a friend stopping by to check on the cat it was really to check on the plants, the cat would have been fine (if a bit lonely).  A dog would have required much more extensive planning.

Jake:
looks like you guys went through a whirlwind of emotions - but it seems like it turned out for the best :)

pixel is super cute though!

Perspective:
>The whole thing just felt like we were getting a toddler that wasn't going to grow up.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. Having a dog is a huge time investment and a massive inconvenience. You have to really be willing to make some lifestyle adjustments.

ober:
Yup, and at the end of the day, I don't think we were ready and/or willing to do that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version