Author Topic: Identity  (Read 2250 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Identity
« on: August 06, 2005, 11:34:21 AM »
I've never heard of this movie before wathing it and  picked it up only because I like Ray Liotta...as it turns out the movie is pretty freagin good. Ten strangers meet at a run down motel somewhere in the Nevadan wasteland seeking shelter from a thunderstorm which flodded the area and got off all sorts of communication with the outside world. One of thes "guests" is a convicted murderer who is being trasported to a hearing...the guests begin to be killed one by one, only to be identified with the key to their room - a count down of sorts.The guests realize that there is something that connects them, but only one finds out the truth. Throughout the course of the movie there is a sub story, and if you watch the opening sequence carefully you will not be fooled ;) oh yeah, there's also a big twist ending :)

Identity has a pretty big cast, John Cusak, Amanda Peet, John C. McGinley, etc, and they deliver a decent performance...I was really surprised with Cusak though. I usually don't like him as an actor, but in Identity he gave a great effort.

8.2/10
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

salvelinus

• Founders
Identity
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 12:26:10 PM »
Cusak's great, not the most versatile roles, but check out High Fidelity. (Aside  - he was the main character in Grosse Pointe Blank, where I grew up. Not being from NY, LA or Chicago, it was cool to see places I knew in a movie).
Anyway, I watched Identity 3 times & still didn't get it, even after my wife explained it to me. My idiocy aside, it's still a good movie. I just don't like deus ex machina endings.
Go with the bad joke theory - RoD

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Identity
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 02:35:16 PM »
The movie is good, but the ending is fucking stupid.

Canuck

• Eh?!!
  • Founders
  • Andy Moog Fan
    • My Website
Identity
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 03:31:36 PM »
Quote from: Govtcheez
The movie is good, but the ending is fucking stupid.

Thats exactly how I felt.  The ending was soooooooooo crappy!

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Identity
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 10:57:51 PM »
I liked the movie.  Took me a bit to catch on to what was going on, but watching it the second time is very revealing.  And yeah, the ending kinda sucked.