Author Topic: Alexander  (Read 3173 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Alexander
« on: August 08, 2005, 08:21:52 AM »
Ok, so I still haven't finished the movie, but I'm on my 3rd day of trying, so I thought I'd post my thoughts thus far:

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON??

So far, it's been... stupid scene with some kid taming a wild horse, lunatic mother telling kid what to do, huge battle scene with some guy hitting other guys with someone's head, sex scene with some chick with huge knockers where Alexander tries to make an heir, and lots of man-looks.  Oh, and I had to see frickin Colin Farrel's BALLS!   :mad:

This movie is really confusing and somewhat hard to follow other than a few of the basic plot details.

So far I give it a 5/10, and 4 of those are for the naked chick.  This is for the Director's Cut, BTW.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Alexander
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 08:45:42 AM »
> sex scene with some chick with huge knockers
> Oh, and I had to see frickin Colin Farrel's BALLS!

I am so conflicted.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
Alexander
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 09:35:32 AM »
Tell me about it.  Imagine being casted for the movie:

"You have to play a major homo and show your balls to the world, but you get to roll around with THIS hottie!"

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Alexander
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 11:09:11 AM »
I think I reviewed this movie eithed on OFD or jboard...but yeah, its pretty freagin horrible.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Alexander
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 11:13:10 AM »
Were any of those big epics (Troy, Alexander, etc) any good?  I love those types of movies, but haven't heard anything good about the recent ones.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Alexander
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 11:25:35 AM »
Troy was OK. But overall, I like King Arthur most...it was not an epic story per se, but the movie never claimed that it is something more than a fairy tale.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
Alexander
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 11:32:30 AM »
I really liked Troy.  I actually went out and bought it after renting it through Netflix.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Alexander
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 11:43:49 AM »
Quote from: axon
the movie never claimed that it is something more than a fairy tale.
Didn't the trailers sell it as based on a true story or something?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
Alexander
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 08:01:50 AM »
Ok, finally finished it last nite.  The ending sucked worse than the beginning.  I didn't think the narrator bit helped at all, the fight scenes were too long, and you really had to know your history to truly know what they were talking about half the time.  Plus Angelina Jolie had this awful accent (but she's still nice to gawk at).  

The dialogue in this movie was also horrible.  Very slow and predictable.  I could have written it.

It lost 2 points in the last 1/3, so my total score for this movie is a 3/10, and that's even with the hot sex scene with the awesome tits.

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
Alexander
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 10:53:08 AM »
>>and I had to see frickin Colin Farrel's BALLS!<<

for this reason, and this reason alone i gave this movie a 20/10.

but the other 2 hrs and 59 mis - 0/10
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez