Author Topic: iPhone 3.0  (Read 7176 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
iPhone 3.0
« on: June 17, 2009, 12:56:59 PM »
Anyone with an iPhone risk installing the new version yet? Have any issues or take forever?

I'm pondering doing it this afternoon (or maybe waiting 'til the weekend).
This signature intentionally left blank.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: iPhone 3.0
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 02:07:11 PM »
Give it two weeks and see what the mass's say.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 02:36:17 PM »
I tried to get it around 1PM but it wasn't released yet.  I was planning to do it today.  I guess the only thing I'm scared about is that my phone is jailbroken (not sure of the tense there) and I don't want to screw that up.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 02:39:37 PM »
Will it not require the stupid apple developer's license to write apps for it?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 02:40:02 PM »
Nope, you still need that, AFAIK.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 03:10:47 PM »
I'd hold off. I just did the update and my phone is now stuck in the emergency dial mode. iTunes keeps telling me it can't connect to the store when I click on my phone even though I can connect to the store though the store link.

I tried calling my phone and it simply rolls to voicemail, I don't get a signal currently on the phone. My guess is the systems are all overloaded right now and my first early adopter choice was not a wise one.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 03:28:48 PM »
I tried to get it around 1PM but it wasn't released yet.  I was planning to do it today.  I guess the only thing I'm scared about is that my phone is jailbroken (not sure of the tense there) and I don't want to screw that up.

I forget which program you ended up using, but monitor their forums and see what others are saying. Apple is always going to try and prevent JB so i wont be suprised if it messes with you.

I'd hold off. I just did the update and my phone is now stuck in the emergency dial mode. iTunes keeps telling me it can't connect to the store when I click on my phone even though I can connect to the store though the store link.

I tried calling my phone and it simply rolls to voicemail, I don't get a signal currently on the phone. My guess is the systems are all overloaded right now and my first early adopter choice was not a wise one.

This was happening with earlier updates back when i was doing things with the phones for people. Check out some of the support forums and it shouldnt be hard to find the fix.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 03:35:21 PM »
I know a couple people that were able to update their phones without a hitch.  I'm pretty sure they love it.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 03:53:13 PM »
Nope, you still need that, AFAIK.
Then it is still worthless to me :(

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 03:54:37 PM »
I'm all good now. It was finally able to connect to the activation servers and do its thing. The sideways typing is great now. The rest of the features (other than c&p) are meh I think. Going to play with the HTML5 support in the browser now.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 03:56:25 PM »
You can still develop apps for yourself with a personal developer license (assuming you have a Mac to develop on). They limit you to something like 100 installs (iPhones not times) though, so you could potentially release an internal company app or something. Or anything you find useful for personal use.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 04:01:49 PM »
There has to be a way to circumvent that limitation....

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 04:08:33 PM »
You can still develop apps for yourself with a personal developer license (assuming you have a Mac to develop on). They limit you to something like 100 installs (iPhones not times) though, so you could potentially release an internal company app or something. Or anything you find useful for personal use.
Is ther personal developer license free?  Cause really that is all I want.  Something that'd allow me to install it on my own phone and maybe give it out to a few others.  How do they restrict it to a # of iPhones thought?  Oh and do you have to go through their stupid process?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 04:22:42 PM »
I'm all good now. It was finally able to connect to the activation servers and do its thing. The sideways typing is great now. The rest of the features (other than c&p) are meh I think. Going to play with the HTML5 support in the browser now.
iTunes has it available for me now.  Did you jailbreak your phone before the update?  If so, any issues there? 

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 04:23:42 PM »
Oh, and what version of iTunes are you using?  8.1.1 or 8.2?  Stupid QwickPwn says I should use 8.1.1 but I already installed 8.2.  I'm scared!