Author Topic: Commander In Chief  (Read 2450 times)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Commander In Chief
« on: September 28, 2005, 08:21:28 PM »
Anyone watch it?  I enjoyed it personally.  It wouldn't surprise me if thats how we get our first female president.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Commander In Chief
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 11:24:05 PM »
I've heard good things about it.  I may try to catch it next week, or at least Tivo it.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
Commander In Chief
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 11:34:54 PM »
There was a great scene in which, shortly after becoming the Pres, she has the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs outline how they were going to an extraction to an ambassador.  The look of "We can either do this the easy way or that way" afterwards was just freakin great.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Commander In Chief
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 09:09:05 AM »
Would you mind explaining your statement from the OP?  How did she become president?  (Death of multiple people in front of her?)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
Commander In Chief
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 09:31:47 AM »
Guy who became Pres asked her to be his VP.  This was done to garner votes.  Pres had a hemmorage and died.  But between the brain surgery and his death the Pres asked her to resign since she was an independent and didn't share his "vision".  This of course would pave the way for the speaker of the house to become pres.  So she has a speech all written up when the Pres actually dies (they were hoping he'd live and just resign himself).  So they (staff, chief justice, attorney general, speaker of the house, etc) meeet at the VP's mansion and the speaker and VP are talking and well he said the wrong thing so she decided to take the oath of office.

pianorain

• Anti-Poster
  • Jackass III
Commander In Chief
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 09:32:31 AM »
Death of the President.  She was the Vice President.

It's a tribute to the show's marketing that I know that much.  I haven't seen it.

[edit] Or you could just read Mike's lengthy synopsis.
[post=3832]axon[/post]: I hate it when people copy my originality :p

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Commander In Chief
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 06:46:09 PM »
Saw it for the first time last night.  Gotta admit, I was skeptical - I was expecting a bad West Wing take off.  I was impressed it was good still had hard hitting politics and had a nice family take on things.  I did enjoy whne it looked like the teenage first daughter was digging for a dildo after they moved in...Quite ammusing - made more sense when they finially explained it was a diary.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own