Author Topic: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel  (Read 2144 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
« on: March 18, 2019, 02:37:49 AM »
This is my wife's favorite show.
I was resistant to watch it at first but I just finished season two and I must say, it is delightful.
It's a period piece, set in the early 60s, about a woman who becomes a stand up comedian.  Its actually really really funny and its won a bunch of awards.
Totally worth investing the time to give it a watch.
Honestly, I like the second season better than the first
Can't wait for season 3 but they haven't even started filming it yet.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 01:05:48 AM »
I started watching season 1 and eventually got my wife to watch and then she loved it. We were excited for season 2 but that petered out after the first episode or two so we haven't gotten far. I'm sure we'll go back to it after we drop Hulu and have less available to watch. I guess if you like season 2 more than 1 then I'll make a point to go watch it again.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 09:25:49 AM »
yeah the beginning of season 2 wasn't that great now that I remember, that's when they're in Paris right?  After that they spend the summer in the borscht belt and it gets pretty funny.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."