Entertainment & Artistry > Sports/Outdoors & Manpoon

Gardening

<< < (2/4) > >>

charlie:

--- Quote from: Mike on March 30, 2020, 11:00:02 AM ---Yeah, you're gonna need a separate ass hole.

--- End quote ---

:wtf: :v:

Jake:

--- Quote from: Mike on March 30, 2020, 11:00:02 AM --- We did a vertical garden last year with 20 plants and here are some pictures of the roots that were left when I disassembled the thing: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1nSJyYr58W7suhU66

--- End quote ---

:shock:

Jake:
so the plants in the first pipe are not doing too well. Only three are thriving, the rest are dying. I'm not sure why. The roots are covered in some slimy thing - not sure if that's suppose to be there. Even with those results, I did the two other pipes yesterday because my seedlings started getting really big and I needed to separate them. I added a different fertilizer to the water in these two.

I also took the rest of the seedling and put them in bigger pots.

Half of my tomatoes died - don't know why. Will try again.

Peppers are just starting to germinate.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow.

Mike:
Quick reading says the slime is bad and is a sign of bacteria infections.

The roots on my tomato plans are almost reaching the water reserve.  There isn't a ton of head room so it isn't a complete surprise.

Mike:
Last weekend we had a heavy rain storm come through.  It actually filled my tomato's reservoir so had to guess how much food to put in.  But worse, it tripped the circuit that powers the pump.  So, when I got out there Tuesday some of the plants on the tower were wilting.  Got the circuit back up and they started to bounce back.  But then we got another bought of rain and it tripped again.  So, now I've got a raspberry pi sitting out there on the same circuit just logging every 5 minutes that it is up.  So, now I'll have a faster way to tell if it tripped and when.

The tomatoes already have some long ass roots  so they don't really need the pump anymore.  It just helps the water from getting stagnate and helps keep it oxygenated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version