Author Topic: Brazil  (Read 3321 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Brazil
« on: May 18, 2005, 12:08:32 PM »
I saw Brazil yesterday at the library; the cover looked pretty interesting, and the cover mentioned DeNiro and the description reaid that it is a surrealistic future a la Kafka's "The Trial". I've begun watching it around 10 last nite, and fell asleep somewhere in the middle. I dunno, I'm just not really into these kind-of movies...I guess it was a pretty good social commentary, and predictions for the future - but really, nothing special.

for now, I give the movie a 5/10, but I'll probably give it another try someday. Same thing happened when I saw Blade Runner for the first time - at first I hated it, and now it's one of my favorite sci-fi movies.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Brazil
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 12:17:25 PM »
Brazil is great and you're a terrible person.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Brazil
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 12:19:15 PM »
Quote from: Govtcheez
Brazil is great and you're a terrible person.

:(

like I said, I'll give it another try...someday.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Brazil
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 12:21:03 PM »
but, have you noticed that many books/movies/stories about dystopian futures have a few things in common: loads and loads of paperwork and being surrounded by TVs. When Sam woke up everything began to be prepared for him, breakfast and such, and the TV came right on.

ygfperson

• Founders
    • Last.fm
Brazil
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 06:28:49 PM »
i saw brazil a few weeks ago. it's pretty awesome, but definitely not a comedy (at least in the traditional sense).

there are two different endings. one was done by the studio, and later the director finally got permission to release the uncut version (which is the one i saw). they're wildly different.