Author Topic: Star Wars Episode III - SPOILERS  (Read 4445 times)

Major_Small

• Jackass IV
    • http://www.johnshaoonline.com
Star Wars Episode III - SPOILERS
« on: May 19, 2005, 04:47:28 AM »
WARNING: if you don't know much about star wars, this will be a spoiler... but if you payed any attention at all to the movies, you won't find anything new here.

I just saw it - it was pretty good - there were a few great lightsaber fights, and the whole part where the jedi fall and are forced into hiding was done very well too... at the end, I didn't like the way darth vader was played... he was a little too animated for my imaginiation of him... especially the way he talks... IMO, they did a pretty decent job of bringing the two movies together, but they still left a good amount of details out... but the deatils I'm talking about are insignificant in the scope of the movie.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 11:30:20 AM by Ken Fitlike »
Team Cprog Folding@Home: Team #43476
Download it Here
Detailed Stats Here
More Detailed Stats
51 Members so far, are YOU a member?
Current team score: 827850 (ranked 357 of 41389)

The CBoard team is doing better than [COLOR='#0000FF']99.13%[/COLOR] of the other teams
Top 5 Members: Xterria(331048), Bennet(64957), pianorain(56621), Codeplug(35842), JaWiB(34917)

Last Updated on: Mon, 28 Nov, 2005 @ 3:21 PM EST

Ken Fitlike

• Jackass V
  • Ebeneezer McScrooge
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 08:26:05 PM »
SPOILERS (<-- for those who didn't see it in the thread title)

Recognising that George Lucas is *special* when it comes to scriptwriting helps when watching this. Once you've done that you can dismiss his nonsense and enjoy the visuals which are very nice, particularly the magma 'hell' of wtf planet where the de-legging (yes, it was that silly) of Darth Whingebag took place.

The corruption of the brat was done disappointingly quickly, without even a semblance of token reluctance. Ian McDiarmid's Emperor was excellent as the wicked witch of the East/ugly sister/camp cackler who would not have been out of place in a pantomine but was marvellously, fiendishly, deviously wonderful because of it.

I didn't laugh this time when Yoda (or 'Eyore' as my wife kept calling him :rolleyes: ) did his green rubber ball impersonation. This was good because I got glared at the last time I did.

Monty Python do a much better birth in The Meaning of Life but I'm not sure if it's quite as funny.

At least the missions in Star Wars: Battlefront make a bit more sense now. I think.

A generous 7/10 but that's almost entirely due to the pretty colours which stopped me dozing too heavily and the fact that the film was mercifully short.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 08:34:39 PM by Ken Fitlike »
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?.

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 11:34:40 PM »
>>The corruption of the brat was done disappointingly quickly, without even a semblance of token reluctance. Ian McDiarmid's Emperor was excellent as the wicked witch of the East/ugly sister/camp cackler who would not have been out of place in a pantomine but was marvellously, fiendishly, deviously wonderful because of it.<<

you gog it there!
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 03:58:19 AM »
FUCK this movie.

Ken Fitlike

• Jackass V
  • Ebeneezer McScrooge
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 05:25:21 AM »
That good, eh?
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?.

[stealth]

• the original
  • Jackass V
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 08:37:53 AM »
It's easily the best of the precashins but the originals will always be the best.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 10:02:18 AM »
Quote from: Ken Fitlike
That good, eh?

To elaborate,

Saw this tonight. I hope George Lucas gets hit by a train.

Special effects: Awesome
Fight scenes: Awesome
Dialogue: Oh my god kill me now
Loose ends tied up: Seriously, shoot me in the face.

I haven't had a movie actually make me angry in a long time, but this did (and not just because some kid in front of me couldn't find his family and kept walking in front of me)
Lucas has all the subtlety of a brick and can't write a love scene to save his life, either.  I hope his neck wattle gets so big it suffocates him

[stealth]

• the original
  • Jackass V
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 06:15:31 AM »
Yeah the dialogue was just fucking awful - and General Grievous is the stupidest fucking name for a villain ever used.  The whole film did have somewhat of a comic book style to it as well, which I don't think really all that well given the overall aesthetic of the series.

Sang-drax

• You created me, friend, you created me.
  • Jackass IV
    • http://strandmark.com
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 07:38:04 AM »
I think it was a worthy prequel. It has the best overall story (Anakin joining the dark side) of all six movies.
The dialogue wasn't awful, not compared to the last two, at least.

The whole film did have somewhat of a comic book style to it as well, which I don't think really all that well given the overall aesthetic of the series.

Yes, there's no limit to Lucas' overuse of CGI in the three prequels. The entire Episode III was shot in studio, except the scene where Luke is delivered to his aunt.

Canuck

• Eh?!!
  • Founders
  • Andy Moog Fan
    • My Website
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2005, 01:35:23 PM »
I saw the movie last night, and I thought it was pretty good.  The fighting scenes were nicely done too.  Im not a huge Star War fans, so maybe others knew this, but I wasnt aware that Darth Vader loses his legs below his knees.

When I find the time, I think Im going to sit down and watch 4,5,6 again.  Its been a while.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2005, 08:21:41 AM »
Well, you might not have been able to predict he lost his legs below his knees, but you should've had an impression that he was horribly disfigured like that.

Special effects and fight scenes were awesome, but I agree with the overuse of the CGI.  As for the dialogue, I wasn't expecting much.  My friends were cracking up at some of the lines because they were just so corny.  Overall story was good.  I'd say fourth best in the series.  I need to watch the original three again too.

aran

• the capital of djibouti is djibouti
  • Jackass III
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2005, 01:54:59 PM »
Episode 3, as a movie, was bad.

As a prequel to 4, 5, 6: it worked.

Anakin really sucked, though. His fall to the dark side was so superficial and terribly done.
this apparatus must be unearthed.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2005, 01:21:56 PM »
I saw it last night. Pretty decent flick, but like some of you I share the opinion that the dialogue was simply horrible.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2005, 07:47:04 PM »
Just saw this today... best of the past 3 by far, but still lacking in a lot of the respects most of you already mentioned.

He fell to the dark side in such a goddamn hurry.  I just wanted to scream "DAMN, DIDN'T YOU WANNA THINK IT OVER FOR A SECOND?"

And I don't know if I was imagining things or if I caught an editing error, but I SWEAR I saw Annikan/DV wearing black Adidas sandals when he was laying on the table getting patched back together.  :confused:

Sang-drax

• You created me, friend, you created me.
  • Jackass IV
    • http://strandmark.com
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2005, 03:21:38 PM »
I can't find it here:
http://www.moviemistakes.com/film4924/page1

One strange mistake is that Anakin's mechanical hand changes from right to left in one shot. It should be very easy to keep track of -- perhaps they mirrored the shot?