Author Topic: Longest Yard  (Read 2503 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Longest Yard
« on: June 06, 2005, 10:34:42 AM »
Saw it on Thursday, or actually, was dragged to see :p...turned out to be pretty funny though. Even though they cast a lot of ex-football stars, some current ones, Nelly and a few other rappers, it wasn't that bad :p

Sandler is funny but he sure as hell doesn't look like an NFL football QB...even the aged Burt looks more like a professional athlete than Sandler. Nevertheless there was some funny parts in it and I laughed outloud more than a few times :)

6/10

BTW, has anyone seen the original?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Longest Yard
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 10:42:52 AM »
I was hoping someone here would see it.  I think it'll be a Netflix rental for me, but looked pretty good.

salvelinus

• Founders
Longest Yard
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 09:05:21 AM »
Only decent movie Sandler's been in was Wedding Singer. If you want to see Longest Yard, check out the original.
Go with the bad joke theory - RoD

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
Longest Yard
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 01:17:53 PM »
Quote from: salvelinus
Only decent movie Sandler's been in was Wedding Singer. If you want to see Longest Yard, check out the original.

and Happy Gilmore!    ... ive never actually seen the wedding singer

[stealth]

• the original
  • Jackass V
Longest Yard
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 06:11:51 PM »
Had some laughs.  Granted, the whole movie is farcical, but it's got too much racial stereotyping - but then again Chris Rock has never been guilty of that has he? It was what it was, 5/10, not bad but not particularly memorable.