Author Topic: The Aviator  (Read 2343 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
The Aviator
« on: June 13, 2005, 08:01:57 AM »
Long, but pretty decent flick.  It makes more interested in Howard Hughes... anyone have a good book?  I think Dicaprio did an excellent job with the part... he plays a good psychotic.  I also thought Gwen Stefani did a stellar job in her role (*snicker*).  Kate Beckinsale is gorgeous as usual.  

8/10

[stealth]

• the original
  • Jackass V
The Aviator
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 08:05:54 AM »
Really wanted to see this one, but missed it at the movies.  Should rent it.  But if I hate it I'm coming for your blood Ober.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
The Aviator
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 08:11:01 AM »
What a coincidence - I watched this last night.

I did enjoy it; I think DiCaprio catches unwarranted shit for his acting ability.  He's been great in the last two movies I've seen him in (this and Gangs of New York).  He just got tagged with the "pretty boy" label because of Titanic, and it's not deserved.

I agree that it was a little long, but it never really felt boring to me.  It's too bad they didn't find time to delve into when he really went crazy, but that would have made the movie like 4 hours long.  I still want to see Hughes wearing kleenex boxes as shoes and not cutting his fingernails for months.

I'll steal from you and give it an 8/10.  Some parts could have been left out, and Gwen Stefani has no business pretending to act.  The cinematography rocked (especially during the Hell's Angels filming) and the acting was very solid all around.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
The Aviator
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 08:31:53 AM »
I agree on all points.  I think DiCaprio gets a bad rap as well, and I've seen him do a great job in the movies he's been in recently.  And I never got bored with this one either.  Just when it bordered on boring, they threw something in there to spice it up.

And that is kinda freaky... Samantha and I watched it in pieces this weekend, in the mornings before she went to work.