Author Topic: The Merchant of Venice  (Read 3051 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
The Merchant of Venice
« on: June 29, 2005, 01:24:48 PM »
Al Pacino, wow…he has certainly redeemed himself in my eyes after a couple of his last performances ("The Recruit," "S1m0ne"). His acting was spectacular and raw…it was a real pleasure to watch him get so deep into the character of    Shylock.

Ah, the movie – it was great as well ;) I've never read the Shakespeare original but it seemed that the movie's dialogue was straight from the play – at least I hope so. There is really nothing more to say than the acting was amazing (Pacino, Irons, Collins), the story remarkable and engaging. Shakespeare had a one of a kind skill of showing both, the human wicked and wonderful characteristics.

Watching "The Merchant of Venice" made me yearn for Shakespeare's plays yet again…now I'm certainly glad I've bought the 15 play set some weeks ago :)

This is a first: 10/10
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
The Merchant of Venice
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 01:43:37 PM »
i saw the previews and forgot about it, i just remember now when i saw this thread.

i suppose its on dvd now - gonna have to check netflix.

now i'm mad at myself and its your fault!
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
The Merchant of Venice
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 02:01:16 PM »
>>now i'm mad at myself and its your fault!<<

DK, please, don't get your panties in a bunch. p
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ygfperson

• Founders
    • Last.fm
The Merchant of Venice
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 02:58:41 PM »
hmm... guess i missed it in theatres

[stealth]

• the original
  • Jackass V
The Merchant of Venice
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 06:46:16 PM »
Quote from: axon
>>now i'm mad at myself and its your fault!<<

DK, please, don't get your panties in a bunch. p

Don't encourage him.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
The Merchant of Venice
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 11:49:18 PM »
Quote from: ygfperson
hmm... guess i missed it in theatres

it was a limited release...only two theaters played it in the whole Chicagoland area when it came out :( its sad really.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
The Merchant of Venice
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 12:59:14 AM »
Hey I liked those two movies!  Not his best work but still it had some solid acting on his part.

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
The Merchant of Venice
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2005, 10:31:29 AM »
>>DK, please, don't get your panties in a bunch.<<

you're lucky i didn't throw them at you!  :p

anyway, got it from netflix and tried to watch it, but about 45mins into the movie, all teh visiting family came back so i really couldn't pay attention to the entire movie.  will have to watch it again once they leave.  

aside: I HATE unannounced visitors!
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez