Author Topic: Dumb Time Wasting Games  (Read 68353 times)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Re: Dumb Time Wasting Games
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2014, 04:21:14 PM »
It's been a few weeks now, but 2048:

http://gabrielecirulli.github.io/2048/

I hate you so much right now

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2014, 01:19:05 PM »
14328 and I'm probably find lose my job if I keep playing. Damn you game!!!

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2014, 03:36:00 PM »
Holy shit dude... you crushed it.

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2014, 03:31:13 AM »
:)
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2014, 10:22:47 AM »
Got the 2048 and another 1024...
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2014, 11:59:25 AM »
nice!  I was playing again last night and impressed my self with hitting the 8,000 point mark.  Still trying though..
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2014, 01:35:01 PM »
There is a bit of a trick... Once known... Seems to make it easier. I found two distinct methods when put together provide high results every time. It still is challenging... But with a little framework, it is easier. Should I share?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2014, 01:40:58 PM »
Yes.  My best is like 7K with a 512 square

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2014, 04:49:49 PM »
Only move in three directions the entire game when possible. (Preferable up-left-right, but concept is the same.)

On the single direction side (e.g top), always try to keep the biggest number in the corner (e.g top left) and fill upward from the other corner. To do this if the top left is a 512... Then a 128... Then a 64... Then a blank. Try not to shift right. It could drop a 2 in the top left corner breaking the rule. That would require you to get the 2 up to a 512 to continue the pattern.

I will post a picture of the process.

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2014, 05:01:28 PM »
Follow along... Only shifting up/left/right.

I should note... Sometimes you will have to shift the top row right. In most cases that won't affect you and you can move back left to move the biggest number back in the corner. When a low number gets dropped into the top left, most of the time you can recover. Just keep moving only left right up. Moving down is really bad. It is almost unrecoverable in most cases.

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2014, 05:04:09 PM »
Continued

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2014, 05:17:01 PM »
The last two above I missed a screenshot. Basically moved up once... A two was luckily dropped in the right column... Moved that up.

Once the top row is locked up... You can move left AND right, but never down.

If you move down. Move back up right away and conduct damage control.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2014, 07:07:33 PM »
Got up to 15K with a 1024 block.  Sooo close!!!

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2014, 01:26:06 AM »
Awesome. Was gonna ask what the strategy was. :)

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2014, 10:38:37 AM »
Beta's strategy is good :) previously I was doing something similar, stuffing values into corners, but I would switch corners opportunistically. This would end up leaving my higher blocks spread out. With Betas approach the high blocks stay close. I still break the banned direction rule opportunistically, but only if it has a big benefit.

I got impatient at the end of this game and any a little crazy. I probably could have run it up when higher.