Author Topic: What is ES reading?  (Read 82681 times)

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: What is ES reading?
« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2011, 06:15:43 AM »
The first two were pretty fun.  Got old fast though.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2011, 07:34:55 AM »
The first two were pretty fun.  Got old fast though.

i don't remember exactly, but as I recall they were all pretty different. :dunno:
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2011, 08:26:48 AM »
i don't read much, but a while ago, i stumbled upon this book in a bookstore (litterly, it was just lying out in the wrong section of the store) by Geral Schroeder called The Science of God.  I read the first half of it when I bought it and put it on my shelf but picked it up again the other night.  Very interesting.  The guy makes some compelling points but also has a couple crazy theories; nothing to base you personal beliefs on  but gives plenty to think about.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2011, 08:34:15 AM »
xanth
img-thecolorofherpanties

Think I might start reading Game of Thrones tonight once I'm done with the book I'm reading (David Sedaris's Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2011, 10:13:04 AM »
I actually enjoyed the Incarnations of Immortality series a bit more than the Xanth series.  Well except the last book, wtf was that?

Right now I'm reading the Sword of Truth series

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2011, 12:44:40 PM »
Game of Thrones is amazing, well at least the first three books were.  Sounds like Martin is finally releasing book number five this summer, only a couple years late.  Anyone watching the HBO series?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2011, 01:00:08 PM »
I actually enjoyed the Incarnations of Immortality series a bit more than the Xanth series.  Well except the last book, wtf was that?

I did also.  I liked the first two Thanatos and Chronos after that, I thought they kind of fell apart.  Fate was my last read in that series.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2011, 01:37:42 PM »
Working through book 2 now..losing some interest, but that's probably because I was listening to it almost non-stop....Really enjoying it on HBO so far...it's going very fast, but I'm impressed with how true it's been to the books so far....
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #113 on: April 26, 2011, 01:48:24 PM »

I did also.  I liked the first two Thanatos and Chronos after that, I thought they kind of fell apart.  Fate was my last read in that series.
I actually started with "For Love of Evil"  and then went through them mostly in order.  I liked that you didn't have to read them in order.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #114 on: April 26, 2011, 07:57:14 PM »
True.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2011, 10:33:10 AM »
Read Of Mice and Men last weekend, since I'm like the only person in America who wasn't required to read it in high school.

Currently reading Game of Thrones and Hunger Games

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2011, 12:04:10 PM »
Currently reading Game of Thrones

I'm about 200 pages in and it is really pretty good :) I almost want to take a day off so I can read it....if my wife only didn't have to find out about it :)
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2011, 02:04:12 PM »
Almost done book 2....so good...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Dumah

• Jackass IV
« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2011, 03:10:03 PM »
Currently reading Game of Thrones

I'm about 200 pages in and it is really pretty good :) I almost want to take a day off so I can read it....if my wife only didn't have to find out about it :)

I'm reading it too. Nice and easy to read and a real cool story

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #119 on: May 30, 2011, 06:44:46 PM »
I'm reading Suffer the Child by judith spencer and reading How Dogs Think by a Behavioral Psychologist who's name escapes me.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?