Author Topic: Need Suit Advice  (Read 7728 times)

Dumah

• Jackass IV
Re: Need Suit Advice
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2011, 10:39:55 AM »
Full Windsor.

I didn't realise you Americans wore proper ties...for some reason I thought you all wore these:

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2011, 10:42:51 AM »
HAHAHAHA

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2011, 10:43:57 AM »
WINNNING!

[/charlie sheen]
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2011, 10:48:44 AM »
WINNNING!

[/charlie sheen]
Please stop quoting that fucktard.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2011, 11:02:03 AM »
WINNNING!

[/charlie sheen]
Please stop quoting that fucktard.
But Steve has Tiger's Blood.

I never did get the point of the string tie thing.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2011, 11:04:24 AM »
Full Windsor.

I didn't realise you Americans wore proper ties...for some reason I thought you all wore these:
I love that because it looks like his little tie is there to support an enormous tie

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2011, 11:59:51 AM »
You guys have convinced me to do a full windsor cause I'm betting everyone else won't lol

Get the guy at the store to tie it and just slide it over your head. I haven't untied my tie in years.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2011, 01:07:30 PM »
You guys have convinced me to do a full windsor cause I'm betting everyone else won't lol

Get the guy at the store to tie it and just slide it over your head. I haven't untied my tie in years.
Heh, that reminded me of a trick we'd do in the marines.  We were required to have two ties and for inspections they had to be either untied or worn.  So most guys would buy another tie so they'd have two that remained untied and a third that remained tied :D

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2011, 01:20:23 PM »

Not a bad idea
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2011, 01:24:59 PM »
Don't do that, learn to tie a damn tie.  It's easy and it's a useful skill to have.  Would you just have one pair of shoes that are always tied?  Different occasions call for different ties

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2011, 01:50:08 PM »
Don't do that, learn to tie a damn tie.  It's easy and it's a useful skill to have.  Would you just have one pair of shoes that are always tied?  Different occasions call for different ties

I have three pairs always tied, and all my pairs of boots have side zippers lol. But yea i can see the benefit of learning

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2011, 10:19:52 PM »
joining the party late...here are my $.02

>>men's warehouse
Nice suits, but rather pricey. If you will only have one or two suits for a while, then def buy there because they are higher quality and will last. If you think you might need more than that than go to a bargain place like K&G you can get two suits, shoes and a few shirts for the price of one suit at the warehouse....and really, all non tailored suits look the same to the untrained eye. If you can afford it, get a tailored suit...

>>ties
I agree with Jeremy that knowing how to tie one should be a requirement for graduation - when you learn it once, you will never forget it - sort of like riding a bike. I almost always do a full Windsor - I'm a big guy and a fuller knot looks better on me.

>>color
again, if you will only have one suit, get a black one - you can use it at almost every occasion. same with shirt, if one, get white. you can mix it up with different tie patterns/colors
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2011, 02:17:11 AM »
Oh, one thing that came to mind:  Since you are getting the pants and jacket at the same time try to wear and lander them the same amount.  That way they so the same amount of wear and fading.  Otherwise what can happen is that you'll wear the pants more and when you put the jacket on you'll have a dark black top and faded black pants.

Dumah

• Jackass IV
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2011, 02:23:06 AM »
Oh, one thing that came to mind:  Since you are getting the pants and jacket at the same time try to wear and lander them the same amount.  That way they so the same amount of wear and fading.  Otherwise what can happen is that you'll wear the pants more and when you put the jacket on you'll have a dark black top and faded black pants.

The old advice was to buy two sets of trousers for one jacket

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2011, 12:12:47 PM »

Thats a very good idea