Author Topic: Super Bowl & Commercials  (Read 7767 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Super Bowl & Commercials
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2012, 09:05:32 AM »
Yea overall it was pretty boring. Score for me though i won the pool at ashleys work. I picked ny to win and final score of 24 to 21. I was the closest so i scored 300 bucks
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2012, 09:17:44 AM »
My fav commercial was the doritos one with the missi g cat.

I just looked at my texts and my buddy sent me this at half time: "dude look at betty white wearing skimpy outfits.....oh wait thats madonna. Old bitch almost fell dow  the stairs"

lmao
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2012, 10:44:02 AM »
Budweiser did a pretty cool Canadian commercial. They "flash fanned" a beer league hockey game with a fans, announcers, big screens for replays, etc... made it like a pro game. They players had no idea and were pretty stunned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0qZYqdsYAg

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2012, 12:52:48 PM »
I'm surprised anyone thought that was a boring game, granted there weren't a lot of touchdowns but it was hotly contested from beginning to end.  Half time show was great but Madonna was awful if that makes sense.

Oh, and Tebow would have won that game at the end, you suck Brady.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2012, 01:06:46 PM »
I'm surprised anyone thought that was a boring game, granted there weren't a lot of touchdowns but it was hotly contested from beginning to end.  Half time show was great but Madonna was awful if that makes sense.

Oh, and Tebow would have won that game at the end, you suck Brady.

+1
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2012, 02:03:47 PM »
It was hotly contested and close but not because of any great plays or anything impressive.  It was just receivers dropping passes, boneheaded moves (by the players and coaches both), and general incompetency.  NYG's punter was pretty great though.

I didn't watch the halftime show.  Favorite commercial was the fat dog, but the ending where they tried to tie it back to last year's Vader commercial was dumb.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2012, 02:33:14 PM »
Yeah, that was my problem with the game.  Stupid moves, botched plays, and there wasn't much that was 'exciting' about the game.  I think I can count on one hand how many times the ball was thrown downfield and neither team really had a decent running game.  There were maybe 2 trick plays the whole game.  It just wasn't flashy in any sense.  I found myself yawning in the 4th quarter.

I agree that the tie back to the Vader commercial was stupid.  It didn't even feel like it was part of the main commercial. 

My favorite commercials:

1) M&M
2) Bridgestone football one
3) Kia dream
4) NSX/Seinfeld

The coke bear ones were ok, not great.  I thought the Pepsi one with Elton John was ok.  I thought the Chevy one with the 'end of the world' was kind of funny, but mainly because the dig on Ford at the end (which apparently Ford is pissed about).

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2012, 02:41:03 PM »
Everything gets a B+ to B- for me.

Game: B+. Not boring at all. Quite a few important moments during the game. Safety on the Patriots first play was interesting. Manningham's great catch brought back memories of Tyree's helmet catch. The weird end-game strategies was interesting if not quite exciting. And of course the last play that determines the winner one way or the other.

Halftime: B. I'm with PJ and micah. Madonna was not so good, but the show wasn't bad and the inclusion of other performers fit pretty well.

Commercials: B-. Mostly meh for me. I liked the Cars.com one, and We Go wasn't bad. There were a few others I thought were decent and only a couple crappy ones (like the Hulu commercials). There was a bridgestone one I liked but don't remember. I didn't like the Coke bears.

At the start of the game was the first time I was really bothered by the 49ers losing last week. That could have been them, and they easily could have won. I couldn't figure out who to root for the whole time. I don't like Manning that much, but I don't hate him and there's not really anybody on the Giants I dislike. But I just can't really root for them either. I wanted Brady/Belichick's legacy tarnished to prevent it from overshadowing the Montana/Walsh legacy, but if it wasn't for their winning I'd actually like those guys. So I found myself rooting against the Eli last minute drive but still sort of happy with the result of the game.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2012, 02:53:26 PM »
I actually liked the Hulu commercials a lot.  I forgot about those.

I wasn't sure who to root for either.  I hate the Pats but I hate the Giants more.  Ultimately it comes down to being an AFC guy so I was rooting for the Pats.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2012, 03:00:42 PM »
I was sort of rooting for the Pats because I wanted to see Ochocinco get a ring, but I had a hard time getting excited about either team.

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2012, 03:29:10 PM »
Commercials were all right, I think my favorites were the one with the dog losing weight and the one with the dog burying the cat.  Ferris Bueller one was a bit of a letdown for me, but I did kind of like the vampire one.

While I am definately not a fan of the Patriots I hate the Giants and their lucky horseshoe stuck up his butt QB even more so I was rooting for New England.  And yes I realize that is a bit hypocritical considering I root for Tebow, but I feel like I have no choice in that manner being a Bronco fan.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2012, 03:51:02 PM »
Commercials were all right, I think my favorites were the one with the dog losing weight and the one with the dog burying the cat.  Ferris Bueller one was a bit of a letdown for me, but I did kind of like the vampire one.
I actually hated the vampire one but not because of the vampires.  I hate how cars are getting brighter and brighter headlights which blind the person in front of the car.  The fat to skinny dog was good until the Star Wars tie-in (WTF was that about?).  The coke bears are just a classic for me.  The Clint Eastwood halftime commercial was just bad ass.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2012, 04:07:27 PM »
The Clint Eastwood halftime commercial was just bad.

FTFY

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2012, 04:33:58 PM »
Whatever girly man.  Though, TBH when it first started I thought it was going to be a political commercial.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2012, 04:56:06 PM »
I missed it during the game but just saw it.  It was OK, the Eminem one last year was better