Author Topic: Got another pinball machine  (Read 6967 times)

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
Re: Got another pinball machine
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 12:14:30 AM »
And a very accommodating girlfriend.

I had one of those once.   For me it led to 4 kids. :D
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 08:54:36 AM »
He's well on his way to 4 pinball machines.  Much cheaper investment if you think about it....

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 03:09:02 PM »
And pinball machine number 4 will likely be coming home tomorrow. It's going to be a Gottlieb Surfer. Need a small bit of work but should be another fun one.

http://pinball.org/videos/gameplay-videos/surfer/
This signature intentionally left blank.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2013, 04:28:35 PM »
I'm becoming very jealous of you, sir.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2013, 04:33:54 PM »
I just feel this would be a good time to state that I've never enjoyed playing pinball.  Probably because I'm not very good at it.  But even if I was, I don't see the appeal.  There, I've said it.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2013, 04:58:44 PM »
Care to retract your statements before I whip out the BANHAMMER?
:ban:

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2013, 05:10:25 PM »
I'm seriously considering selling my Tron Legacy machine (I'll probably still keep No Good Gofers). There's just something about playing these older ones from the 70's that I really enjoy. It's kind of an odd hobby and I never really thought I'd be buying them since I didn't really play them when I was younger, I was terrible and it was 50c gone too quickly. Having them in your house on free play is different though. The big downside is how much space they take up. It'd be nice to have a large collection but I really don't have that much room in my house. This one might be my last "collection" purchase for a short bit as I'm looking to start building one. There's a fairly cheap machine nearby that I'm hoping to pickup in a couple weeks if it's still around that I'll use for a donor machine and I'll start working on modding it. New playfield design, adding a few more features and such. Not sure if I'll try and stick to all mechanical parts or go hybrid digital. Should be fun! And of course I'll post pictures as I go.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2013, 09:48:42 PM »
Number four is home. Needs a bit more work than I was thinking it was going to. Besides needing to put the bonus unit back in I'm going to have to clean it quite a bit too. Hopefully it all works when I get the bonus unit back in but I'm not going to hold my breath. Still looking forward to getting it working.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2013, 10:09:56 PM »
I just feel this would be a good time to state that I've never enjoyed playing pinball.  Probably because I'm not very good at it.  But even if I was, I don't see the appeal.  There, I've said it.

I'm with micah on this one. Never saw the appeal of pinball games.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2013, 12:16:03 AM »
I'm with micah on this one. Never saw the appeal of pinball games.

When I was young, I worked at Peter Piper Pizza.  We had the (Xenon) Pinball game and several others.  Free tokens, unlimited playing, after hours.  Of course I was 17 and always tired at school from closing the night before.  Closing always involved an hour of video game time after we were done cleaning up.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 10:50:47 AM by Betazep »
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2013, 05:42:18 PM »
When I get hooked on something I tend to get slightly obsessive about it. Thus machine #5 might be making it's way home over my birthday week. It's probably going to be an Aztec from the guy I bought my first EM from. Needs a little cleaning but otherwise should be ready to play.

http://pinball.org/videos/gameplay-videos/aztec/

I'm also going to be working on the Surfer that week to try and get it up and running too. And likely needing to clean my basement out so I can fit these new games down there. Incentive to clean and finish off part of it finally I guess.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2013, 03:37:21 PM »
Oh, so over my birthday week I ended up bring home machine #5 and #6. I picked up the Aztec machine from the guy I bought my Card Whiz from and also picked up a dirty Quick Draw machine. Quick is mostly working but needs to be cleaned and gone through just a bit (aka 'shopped'). Should be a fun one once I get it all cleaned up and ready to go.

And I got some pictures for the wiring to work on the Surfer machine so as soon as I get around to busting out my new Weller soldering station I should be able to start playing that one too.

Over the last couple weeks I started cleaning out my basement too and the EMs are going to move down there.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2014, 04:24:40 PM »
Mmmm. So it's been a couple months now. I guess it was about time to pick up something new.

If the weather holds out this weekend I should be the proud new owner of 2 more pinball machines. Picking up a Centigrade 37 and a Hit The Deck. That brings the total number of machines in the house to 8 but it's getting a bit crowded so I think I'm going to look into letting two of the other ones go.

I've also been collecting various parts on CL and ebay to start making my own machine so that's going to start pretty soon here too, once I clean up part of the basement a bit.